Postcards from India- Part 2
Hey everyone!I know me and mom have not been updating eversince we took off on this India trip. When you are constantly surrounded by a audience which absolutely adores your every single move , it's hard to ignore such admiration and disappoint the fans by giving them a dull moment by sitting in front of the comp.I know and you know how my mom was spending sleepless
nights before the trip expecting me to make life hell for her during the flight and all. She cribbed far too much than needed don't you think?because I surprised them out of their wits by being such a good and wonderful baby all through the flight. Pst pst..the secret was that we were seated with another set of parents who had a bawling- tantrum throwing-threatening-biting-screaming monster of a toddler in hand. Frankly speaking I was a bit tad frightened of that bigger kid and kept watching his antics keenly,I tell you it was like a freaking funny cartoon show albeit his parents did not seem to think that way and looked hassled and haggard trying hard to keep their tempers down and resisting an overwhelming urge to whack that little terror on the butt in public. My dad kept whispering to mom how we had a little angel aka ME when compared to that bully of a kid. I utilized this oppurtunity to build up some great PR by snuggling up a little closer to mom and put up my most angel face and melted their hearts and almost made that mom of the bully toddler cry. The fact that I refused to sleep in the bassinet and sprawled myself in mom's arms all
through the trip making it sore, spilling all the water on that air hostess, the fact that I did turn the flight magazine into a confetti, refused to eat my bland baby food and feasted on dad's meal creating a mess all was not questioned as you see I was the angel kid when compared to the other one and I got away with it. I tell you it's much easier getting your work done by flashing dimpled innocent smiles and throwing in a kiss or two than bawling around loudly and making a spectacle of yourself. So I flashed my cute smile at every stranger and cast such a magic spell on those hoards of relatives who went nuts over my every move and every meaningless word I managed to utter. They aahed and cooed and carried me around like some lost and found princess. I was fed
on demand,travelled on warm laps instead of being bound by belts in a carseat, got to touch and ride a cow and a buffalo and an elephant, watched the cow being milked in wonder,freerides on the two wheelers as and when I desired,played with kids on the street, visited all the neighbors in the whole neighborhood chatting excitedly, flew a kite, played
cricket,climbed tree ,got piggy rides,discovered the nuisance of mosquitoes,the joys of watching the ants make their way and disperse when I wave my hand, run behind a cockroach excitedly trying to catch its whiskers, watch granny do that colorful pattern rangoli in front of the house everyday and trying my hand at it ah what a life! a life full of freedom to be and do what you wish, where every single demand is met with approval and every single wish carried out without questions or restrictions, where the word "don't" and "no" were no longer found in the vocabulary,where mom got the rap for mouthing them anytime. It won't be easy saying goodbye although pretty soon I know we will have to.....
Got to go now..can't keep my audiences waiting you know,let me bask in some more moments of undivided attention and love before the sad phase of packing and travelling begins once again.





13 comments:
Hi Ina,
Its great to hear from you. Seems like you are having a great time! Enjoy every minute of it girl! Hugs and Kisses!
Hi little one :), so it seems you beeen enjoying your stay; have fun.
hi Ina
have a nice time. ensure u get treated like a goddess
Tejas & Ojas
Ina,
Good to hear from you and boy oh boy, you are having fun.
Your mom won't feel like coming back though. But we will just hush for now.
Hey fuzzy and ina,
what adorable pictures....truly a glimpse of what u have been upto :)..enjoy the rest of ur holiday!
:))...woho girls...r u having a rocking time or what..good times r just bgnng...so fultoo majaafy...
enjoy your India trip fuzzy.Somehow they seem to get over real fast. Sit back relax and enjoy all the pampering.
Wow....it seems like you girls have been gone forever and then in just a split second it's almost over! Let the good times roll right up until they roll the carpet up! Enjoy! Enjoy! enjoy!
heyy!!
missing both of u! enjoy the pampering... BOTH of u! :)
Beautiful pictures, truly.
ina.. glad to know that u received the red carpet treatment during your trip in India... you deserve it!!
sounds like you both had a great trip!! why must all good things come to an end??!!! nice pics!
gorgeous pics- good to hear from u
where in india are you?
Post a Comment