Friday, April 13, 2007

The day I dared

It was compelling,the sight it offered caused my cowardly heart to leap out of my body.

"Come on ,don't be such a chicken" called my friend D

"It'll be fun,I promise I won't let go"
called hubby

"You guys are crazy,this looks dangerous"
*cowering and trying to find a way to sneak and run from there* I stuttered

"What if something went wrong,what if the rope breaks,what if I die of shock"
*like a lamb on its sacrificial alter I was desperate to escape*

They dragged me and somehow even though my heart was in my mouth there was a strange excitement that egged me on. When they tied three of us up and lifted us up,up and up till the top I was ready to smack myself hard for even thinking of this,I looked at D incredulously and cast one puppy look at hubby who looked like he would burst out laughing seeing my state.I whispered desperately to D who held the end of the rope and was instructed to let it go when told " D,I beg you ,just don't let go when they say"

D looked at me with an amused look and said "Are you kidding?there's no way they can get us down now unless I let go,even if I don't wish to I have to"

Then the moment arrived and there in a matter of seconds we went diving down and I screamed and screamed and suddenly as we reached midair I experienced such a rush of exhilaration and excitement that the fear just seemed to vanish. It was truly incredible,remarkable and absolutely great feeling. It was like suddenly we had developed wings and we were flying out in the sky.For once I was glad they had pushed me to try this...for once I was glad I never let my fear over take me. Now if only I could gather courage enough to try the bungie jumping or the sky diving,perhaps someday I will!

19 comments:

Enemy of the Republic said...

You are brave. I could never EVER!

Dino Sevia said...

Hey Fuzzy. Thanks for the shout. What's encouraging is that I could hear it. :-> Just when I thought that things couldn't get bad enough this semester, they do. One of the profs took me in and he's given me more work to finish asap. College really feels like sliding down a rusted knife, smeared with peppers and chilli and lemon, and eventually falling into a tub of salt. All on your bare butt.

I'll keep droppin by. Do throw a shout once a while.

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's scary. It looks like you could hit a pole... *WHACK!* ... *OUCH!*
It must have been really exciting though.
Hey, weren't you supposed to be going to India soon? What are you still doing here? :)

Sunita said...

I have sky dived and I know the feeling. absolutely divine.

fursat said...

Oh God!! What a rush reading this only. It is now proved, "You are indeed the coolest Mom" :D

karmic said...

Way to go girl!!!!!

Fuzzylogic said...

Enemy- Trust me,this is the only bravest thing I have done ,I am otherwise a self professed chicken queen:)

Le taureau-LOL,trust you to sum the college life so eloquently:)I was laughing reading your apt description. You poor thing,hope things ease up a little for you.Don't worry,I'll keep the shouts coming to reach you in your pickled world:)

Anne-LOL,that was exactly my thoughts too. But this is done on a huge wide field where there are absolutely no trees or poles in sight.But you still feel that fear that you will go wack yourself somewhere as you swing from that height. It indeed was very exciting.My India trip is scheduled for the last day of this month so I'll be still around till then:)

Sunita- Wow girl you sky dived!that indeed must have been exciting.Put up some pics!

Ricky-Aww..thank you!that was such a sweet thing to say,hopefully even the kiddo will realize that;)What about you ricky?haven't you tried anything like this?

Sanjay- Thanks!I'm glad I did this even though I was pushed to it:)

By Deepa and Supriya said...

Good job Fuzzy!...make sure you take me there when visit you

Fuzzylogic said...

Orchi-You bet!You just let me know when you plan to come and let me be your tour guide:)

skinnylittleblonde said...

I too have been sky-diving & found it to be exhilarating. My fears didn't hit until we weare about 10 seconds into our freefall. Amazingly enough, I am terrified of heights. I'm so glad that you did this (Yay for overcoming fear) and were able to relish in the knowledge that you accomplished something very important in doing so. koodoes to You Fuzzy!

di.di said...

ha ha ha..
i salute u...

it's a big NO-NO for me...

fursat said...

I avoid anything that is above 10 feet, has a rope and charges money to throw me into the air. Nothing to do with phobia, its just my doctor says, I have allergy to all three things esp. when combined together...lol.

On more serious note, I haven't tried but will give this one a shot someday :)

Me said...

That looks incredibly awesome! You are very brave!

Usha said...

Looking at the picture I had my heart in my mouth. (shhhh.did i tell you I have never been on a giant wheel so far and the only ride I have been on is the "space mountain" (was that the name? in disneyland!)
Good luck on Bungie jumping but post a warning for the likes of me on top of the post!

Minal said...

WOW FUZZY.
Have been dreaming of doing something like this since years. But, really don't know when would I have the courage to just let go!
Like you say, someday, I will.

Monika said...

wow !!! that sounds exciting where exactly did u do this? i have done bungie jumping and the episode had gone exactly like urs and now i am so glad i did it :)

iz said...

hats off. Still haven't managed to do that!

plush said...

:)...way to go fuzzy..the bravest thing i have done is probably jump over the err...locked bathroom doors...twice(donno y that happens only to me..)...yea that was the only time i have been thankful for no-ceiling loos!!

Fuzzylogic said...

Skinny- I remember that post you made about your sky diving with the pic,I think that was awesome!I hope someday I will have the courage to try that. It does feel good when you overcome that fear!

Dramadiv@- LOL,I never thought I could do that either div@,but I think you should give it a try sometime. I still hate rollercoasters and all those rides though:)

Ricky- These would have been my exact words,crazy people throwing in money to jump tying a rope around their leg,LOL! But now that I did try it ,it's not that bad and I think I can understand why people find it exciting. Maybe you should give it a try someday too!If not anything for the money's worth you will have some awesome pics to brag about to your grand kids someday!:)

Orhan- Thanks buddy!I'm surprised you haven't tried any such stuff before Orhan. you never thought about of doing it?

Usha- LOL!don't worry with my chicken heart it will be quite sometime to overcome the fear again and try that bungie jumping anytime soon:)By the way I hate giant wheel too,infact I hate any form of those awful rides. This was an exception:)

Minal- Try it someday,you will love the experience.

Monika-Thanks for coming by,will hop over to your blog soon to check it out:) This we did at Toronto's paramount wonderland. It was awesome,I would love to read your post on that bungie jumping!

Iz- Go for it IZ!worth the effort:)

Plush-You are full of surprises,may I ask what causes you to jump over the bathrooms?:)
I bet you have an interesting story behind that,come on out with it:)