Monday, July 09, 2007

What's under your bed?

Yin- " Did you see my charms gold bracelet anywhere?" (Searching hurriedly inside the jewelbox)

Yang- "Nopes,I didn't. Did you check in the drawers?" (Never peeling his eyes off the computer)

Yin- "It's not even there. Now I'm not finding even that cute little chain which your sister gave Ina last year" (rummaging through the drawers)

Yang- " You ought to be more careful with these things you know. Did you check near the bedside table and under the cot?" (Hoping he doesn't have to get off his chair)

Yin-(Squeezing herself under the cot with a torch) Nopes ,nothing here. But I did find something......

Yang- What's that?some monster under the bed?Bwahaha!!scared huh?

Yin- Nopes,seeing this I'm pretty sure even the monsters will run away and even spread word among the whole monster community never to step inside this home again
(Holds out an old boxer shorts in her hand all covered with dust) Eww...How did it find its way here?

Yang-(Springs from his chair to hold the boxer shorts) Wow,my favorite shorts. I almost thought I had lost it. Thank god you found it .Keep looking. Maybe you might find some other useful things too.

Yin-Gee,that's so helpful of you. What's this?another shorts?here,some socks...each one of a different color.Wait a minute...is this what I think it is?It's that library book you said you lost. And here's that old letter opener you were thinking I misplaced. Some ziploc bags, nail clipper and baby's nasal aspirator. WTH?Since when did my bed get converted into this dirty junk dungeon of sorts?

Yang- Oh my orphaned socks!If I had found them last week I wouldn't had to buy those new ones this weekend. (Now squatting near his wife and cheering for her to hunt for lost treasures)Wow,we found the library book. But no use,we already paid for it along with the fine. I missed this fine letter opener too. Maybe we have some ghost in this house which keeps making things disappear and this is his secret stash we stumbled on.

Yin- Yes a ghost which also loves boxer shorts and borrows books from the library and forgets to return them. Let's see what else is there here (wiggling herself a little more) A discarded baby mitten,pieces of lego and some cheerios. So there is also a mini ghost along with the bigger one too. Both seem to have made this a personal safety vault of sorts!

Yang- I used to hide all my secret stash under my bed too so my parents would never find it out. Now it looks like my daughter has taken after me ,she too prefers the same places. By the way honey,please look if you can find that old favorite watch of mine too there.

Yin- I might have to start demanding commission for the finds. But nopes,no watch.Maybe the ghost doesn't prefer watches which are not Rolex. But we need to clean this place before it gets more cluttered.

Yang- I think we ought not to clean it often so we might find missing things this way when we do it once in a while!

Yin- What a brilliant idea!Next what?I will be finding some mouldy pizza and some soiled diapers?No thanks!
(Draws herself up from having ventured into the dark underworld of cot)I still didn't find my bracelet or that chain. Where could it be?

Yang- Hmm..there's only one place we haven't looked yet. The trash bin.

Yin- The trash bin?Hmm..now why would you think it might be in the trash bin?

Yang- I did see Ina happily pulling things out of the drawer once and putting it inside the bin (admitting sheepishly) I didn't want to be disturbed and hence I also let her enjoy doing what she was doing. It was kind of a mutual beneficiary agreement you see.

Yin
- And you made me get under the bed before suggesting to look in the trash can,eh?(Frantically searching the trash bin) OMG! yes here it is. My charms bracelet as well as my gold chain. Holly Molly!there's even that missing ruby ring which we thought we lost in India and my Diore Lipstick. That's decided then. Now we also scan the trash bins thoroughly before we take the trash out.

Yang- Eww.. What about the kitchen and the bathroom bins?

Yin- Everything. And people whose things I find under the cot will be the ones doing it.

Yang- Oh comeon....

Yin- Unless you want to wake up one day and find your brand new Blackberry missing and finding out that it's gone with the trash. Make your choice! Now let me go find the little casper of the house who keeps poking her little finger everywhere these days.

15 comments:

~nm said...

Hahaha! Hilarious! But somehow the things under the bed remind me of my house too! Few weeks ago we had gotten whitewashign done at the house and when we moved our bed, I found soooooooo many things there! :D

Itchingtowrite said...

ha ha ha... i dread the day this will start happening in my house

Just Like That said...

hahaha I love the way you write. And my husband wouldn't ;) Now doesn't that say it all about our household?

Gauri said...

Cute little Casper, I would say :-)

I can well say "Been there, Done that" to this one too.

There was this phase when I used to find a lot of things missing - toys mainly - magnetic shapes, blocks, glitter glue tubes, small little motorbikes, scooters - u get the picture right ?

It so happens that the headboard of the bed has criss cross designs on it. And Abhay had construed by some kind of weird logic that it was a post office of sorts. So anything and everything he could lay his hands on were going into the "post office".

You won't believe the treasures that I've found there :-) Reminds me - its time to take a look again ..... just in case ... :-)

Here's to all the little Caspers who make our lives interesting even in the dark corners of our homes :-))

Anusha said...

LOL!!!! casper - how appropriate :)
and like Gauri, we have a "post office" too - it is the AC vent - anything that will fit in there is pushed in there by my Kasper. wait, maybe thats where my missing library book is...hmm..

fursat said...

Ha ha!! Things you parents do, makes me laugh **sigh**. But one thing's for sure there is no shortage of laughter in the house :-)

Oh btw, I am back :D

Unknown said...

Maybe "Casper" is trying to tell you something. Maybe she's urging you to reject materialism by throwing your personal possessions in the trash.

Or maybe it's just a phase.

Poppins said...

Funny !! Wonder how it is that only moms find things in the house :)

upsilamba said...

LOLLLL!!!

not sure if Ina's doings or the Yin-Yang talk is more entertaining..

:-)

Sai said...

Enjoyed the Yin Yang talk. Psst I must confess that in my home it is the Yin who is messier than the Yang :-(

skinnylittleblonde said...

LOl...I think all houses have ghosts or fairies that work under cover. Ina is an angel & would surely not be hiding a thing! ;)

So glad your back. I have missed your writing much, in between your trip & my lack of virtual travel. Now I am reminded why I missed you so!

fursat said...

Oh and I have nothing under my bed :P But then I am not married...he he.

Something to Say said...

o u be careful fuzzy...even sonny went thru this stage - he still does it occasionally - just yesterday he chucked my roti dabba into the bin (no I swear I make good rotis!)
and casper is such a right term :)

di.di said...

I hide things under the bed too but you wont find dirty boxers under mine... in case my mom readz your blog) .. :P

Sunita said...

Very very interesting!! I dread whatz coming..I am already tired of tidying up room after room the whole day and now to imagine I have to hunt for stuff too ... God!!