Fuzzy's listology 1
Every sunday was a date day for me.It was the day I would anticipate the whole week just so I could get to spend some time with him.I would forget everything once he would strut his stuff on the small screen and would get lost in a world full of adventures and fun.That cute little guy who stole my little heart was Jerry,much to my brother's annoyance I would root for Jerry the mouse whenever he would out wit Tom.So started my love for animated characters.There are just so many of them I simply love that it's almost impossible to make a top favorite ones but I thought I'll give it a try.Before I attempt that I would say hats off to the people who create,colour and bring them to life on screen!They all have made me laugh so hard spilling my coffee all over my crisp white cotton shirt and not care a damn,made me smile even amidst of a bad murphy law governed day,made me cry snatching every available tissue in hand,and clap and sing with them as they grooved and danced.As a child every kid needs a bit of magic in life and every adult needs a little corner to feel like a kid again.So this is just my list,feel free to add on your own favorites too.
10.Mickey Mouse-Mickey Mouse is perhaps the most universally known and loved cartoon character in the world.Did you know that the original voice of mickey mouse was Walt disney?He truly was the most
adored mouse.Mickey Mouse’s favorite sayings were “Oh boy!”, “That sure is swell!”, “Gosh!”, “Aw, gee”, and “See ya soon!”.
9.Donald Duck-Isn't he the cutest duck you saw?He always has such a good heart and always ends up as a loser but definetly not a quitter.He is funny even when he is angry.His unique tone of voice is an absolute delight.The original voice of Donald was Clarence "Ducky" Nash, who was succeeded
after 50 years by Disney artist Tony Anselmo.Favorite sayings were "Oh, yeah?" "Hiya, toots!" "Aw, phooey!" "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!" "Nothin' to it!"
8.Popeye-He is the sailor man with a attitude.Known for his bulging forearms and every ready to eat can of spinach.He is in his own words "I yam what I yam and that's all what I yam" honest and hardworking.Ofcourse who
can forget Olive who is the love of his life and all his efforts to fight for her.This was perhaps one of the most popular comic romances.He was not a stereotypical hero but he always got his woman.Jack Mercer was the voice of Popeye.This one is a classic
7.Genie of Aladdin-He is one darn cute slave.As a child I always wished for my own genie just like this one.
He was not just any other genie but one who was such fun to be around.He brought the comic relief to the movie and infact I used to watch the series only to see the antics of genie.Robin williams who lent his voice to genie and truly brought the character to life in his typical style.Infact it's said that this was what paved way for other celebs to lend their voices to cartoon characters.I remember the famous scene where he says to Aladdin his three rules:
"Rule number one: I can't kill anybody. Bleurk! [Slices own head off] So don't ask. [Sticks head back on]
Rule number two: I can't make anybody fall in love with anybody else. [Kisses Aladdin] You little punim there!
Rule number three: [Lies flat on back then rises, transforming into hideous 'undead' creature with Peter Lorre voice] I can't bring people back from the dead. It's not a pretty picture. [clutching at Aladdin] I DON'T LIKE DOING IT! [Transforms back to normal] Other than that, you got it." Another Classic!!
6.Donkey of Shrek-
Donkey is the side kick of Shrek but holds his own fort.He is just so funny you can't help but adore him.He is scared of old bridges,enjoys parfait and is somewhat hypochondriac and he loves singing.He even ends up with half donkey and half dragon kids in Shrek 2.Did you know that Donkey was modeled after Pericles (aka Perry), a real life miniature donkey who lives in Barron Park, Palo Alto, California. The people from Pacific Data Images/DreamWorks did an online search for a donkey to study, and found one right in their neighborhood.Eddie murphy did such a excellent job in bringing this character to life.Some cool dialogues of donkey:In shrek 2 after they are transformed informs the princess ""shrek and i drank the magic potion, and now, we're sexy!!" and when he sees his half dragon kids "Look at my little mutant babies!I gotta get a job...!"Love it!
5.Syd of Ice age-he is that goofy talkitive sloth of the movie.Voiced by John Leguizamo this character is a riot.He befriends Manny the mammoth and Diego the sabretooth Tiger and the rest is history.
He is simply too adorable.His lines are witty and funny.
Syd: Maybe we could rapidly evolve into water creatures.
Diego: That's genius, Syd.
4.Timon and Pumbaa of Lion King-Ok,so I'm cheating here by putting two characters together,but they can't be separated.
Timon is a hyperactive meerkat whereas Pumbaa is a fat warthlog who is so trusting and sweet.Timon keeps making jokes at the expense of sweet Pumbaa and their friendship is what keeps them bound together.Timon was voiced by Nathan Lane and Pumbaa by Ernie Sabella.Their loyalty to Simba is inspiring and touching.One of the many wonderful moments between the two:Pumbaa: Timon, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?
Timon: Pumbaa, I don't wonder; I know.
Pumbaa: Oh. What are they?
Timon: They're fireflies. Fireflies that, uh... got stuck up in that big bluish-black thing.
Pumbaa: Oh, gee. I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away.
Timon: Pumbaa, with you, everything's gas.
3.Dory of Finding Nemo-
I was laughing throughout the movie while watching this sweet character of a fish.Voiced by Ellen degeneres this fish is all fun and her inept memory is a constant source of laughs.She keeps confusing the names of Nemo and keeps losing directions and is highly paranoid.Loved this character.Dory: Hey, what's wrong?
Marlin:What's wrong? While they're busy doing their little impressions, I'm miles from home with a fish who can't even remember her name.
Dory: Boy, I bet that's frustrating.
Marlin: Meanwhile, my son is missing.
Dory:Your son Chico?
Marlin: Nemo
Dory: Right. Got it.
2.Bart & Lisa Simpson:Ok,I cheat again but I do love them both equally hmm..maybe not equally I'm a bit more partial towards the smart aleck Bart.Bart is a self proclaimed underachiever
,he is a troublemaker but good at heart.He is arguably the most influencial and famous characters of the series.He is voiced by Nancy Cartwright.Lisa is voiced by Yeardley Smith.She is an extremely intelligent kid and she is most often the only voice of reason in the show.They both share a wonderful sibling relationship interspersed with occasional sibling rivalry.The whole show is absolutely wonderful.I am truly a fan of the show.In Bart's words it's "Ay Carumba" 1."Drumroll"please and the coveted crown goes to JERRY the mouse.He is that small,adorable cherubic cheeky
scheming mouse who always manages to outwit the cat Tom whenever he is cornered.Voiced by Mel Blanc the ever continuing duel between the two is a delightful watch and has I feel stood the test of time and till date continues to entertain us.And to me that magic never stopped and still makes me double with laughter everytime I see them both on screen.That brings me to the end of my list,I would still have loved to add more there is Balloo of Jungle book,Fender of Robots,Alex the lion of Madagascar,Sulley of Monsters Inc,Woody and Buzz lightyear of Toy story hey it's just so tough making any list when I love them all!
So who's your favorite?





9 comments:
Never been one for the TV or movies... but as a kid, I always liked Underdog & Scoobie Doo (No surprise I have 5 dogs as an adult) LOL, the Donkey from Shrek is an awesome character & who was that character that said "I thought I was a beautiful butterfly"? I can't remember, nor can I remember the movie it's from (Bugs Life?) but what a great line.
Skinny-Back in India we had cartoon shows only on sundays on the national network but sadly they never had any scooby doo shows.I only got to watch them much later:)The bug's life was an awesome movie,it was a total entertainer.I think it was that cute caterpillar in that movie who might have said that dialogue.Not too sure though.I have a dvd lying here of that movie,sometime will check it out and confirm it:)
....was wondering how could you miss Jerry.
Then found him at the bottom of the list.
:)
Minal-Thanks for dropping by.There was no way I could have missed out on Jerry!:)
When I watched "An American Tail" about the little mouse lost from his family, I cried like a baby. My boys said, "Mama, he's gonna be ok.." but I just cried. I always wanted the Roadrunner to eat that stupid roadrunner just one time!!
You write beautifully, and I'm glad I stopped by.
Actually I wanted Wiley Coyote to eat the roadrunner...that's what I get for thinking too fast.
just me- TY,thanks for stopping by.I will be heading to yours now:)
I have watched "The american tail" and loved the movie,I can totally relate to the tear jerking reactions,it was such a sweet sentimental movie,I was shocked later to know it was a Steven Speilberg production.
You know there is a video on youtube where actually Wiley Coyote catches the roadrunner.I will post it sometime.I'm sure you will like it:)
heyy,
dropped by for d 1st time, but it sure won't be the last :)
not much of a mickey mouse fan, but i adored the rest of ur list. in fact, still do! to add to it - i also love 'marty', d zebra from madagascar! love d way he sez "i've spent half my life & haven't figured whether i'm black with white stripes or white with black!"
Rayshma- Thanks for dropping by.I loved "Marty" too but I also loved "Alex" the lion in the movie,I also loved those penguins!That movie was priceless.
Post a Comment