On call ramblings
Hospital corridors look pretty menacing in the nights. They are lonely,dark and eerie and at times make such perfect backdrops for any horror movies.
Infact sometimes when it gets a bit depressing I even fancy myself as a ghost floating around the corridors singing
"Aayega..aayega...aayega aane wala call...aayega aayega" What's more with my scrubs and white coat,my chewebacca hair and tired long face I think I make a pretty convicing one too . (Special note to RGV : Are you listening dude? I am ready to sign the contract as long as you can promise my hair will be all shiny,silky and straight like all your ghostly leading ladies. And if you can get Hritik as well to play the co-ghost that would be just awesome. Pst..pst..if you need a swim suit shot being a horror movie I think I can pull it off as well,trust me I look scary as hell in them too sans makeup. So think how much scarier I can look with some make up. (Lavs,maybe I will be the one making it to that list of yours:)) I can also easily pull off the zombie look too dude,I don't even have to try hard for that especially if you keep that shoot after when I'm post call. If you are game just page me through the switchboard of the hospital ASAP and rescue me. And just to warn you,they make baingan bharta with my last name beating it to death so just ask for the fuzzy haired lazy fuzzy doctor and they will know.Bhool na nahi ha?)
Just the reverie of myself in a movie with Hritik gave me a poetic inspiration that c
all night. I imagined him chasing me around the IV infusion stand with his nerdy glasses and sthethoscope strumming a guitar and we were singing... (bear with me for all the stupid lyrics,remember I was on a sleep deprived on call night and yes feel free to join in with the chorus,to the tune of "Pichle saat dino mein" from Rock on)
Meri laundry ka yek bill...Kis bimari ka kaunsa pill ..ta na na na.. na na na na
Teri pager ka number...meri resident project ka paper....ta na na na ..na na na na
Meri drunken patient ka swing, teri haath ka ye engagement ring
Pichle saat dino mein teen (on call) raat nahi soya, Kabhi khud pe hansa mein
kabhi patient ke saath roya
"Aayega..aayega...aayega aane wala call...aayega aayega" What's more with my scrubs and white coat,my chewebacca hair and tired long face I think I make a pretty convicing one too . (Special note to RGV : Are you listening dude? I am ready to sign the contract as long as you can promise my hair will be all shiny,silky and straight like all your ghostly leading ladies. And if you can get Hritik as well to play the co-ghost that would be just awesome. Pst..pst..if you need a swim suit shot being a horror movie I think I can pull it off as well,trust me I look scary as hell in them too sans makeup. So think how much scarier I can look with some make up. (Lavs,maybe I will be the one making it to that list of yours:)) I can also easily pull off the zombie look too dude,I don't even have to try hard for that especially if you keep that shoot after when I'm post call. If you are game just page me through the switchboard of the hospital ASAP Just the reverie of myself in a movie with Hritik gave me a poetic inspiration that c
all night. I imagined him chasing me around the IV infusion stand with his nerdy glasses and sthethoscope strumming a guitar and we were singing... (bear with me for all the stupid lyrics,remember I was on a sleep deprived on call night and yes feel free to join in with the chorus,to the tune of "Pichle saat dino mein" from Rock on)Meri laundry ka yek bill...Kis bimari ka kaunsa pill ..ta na na na.. na na na na
Teri pager ka number...meri resident project ka paper....ta na na na ..na na na na
Meri drunken patient ka swing, teri haath ka ye engagement ring
Pichle saat dino mein teen (on call) raat nahi soya, Kabhi khud pe hansa mein
kabhi patient ke saath roya*Heavy guitar strumming*
Khane ko bhi kuch na mili,cafeteria bhi thi nahi khuli.. Ta na na na.. na na na na
Agar khula hota us ghadi, waise bhi uska food hai sadi... Ta na na na ..na na na na
ER mein aa rahe the itne cases, Hum bhi bhaag rahe the saare places,
Pichle saat dino mein teen (on call) raat nahi soya, Kabhi khud pe hansa kabhi patient ke saath roya
Khane ko bhi kuch na mili,cafeteria bhi thi nahi khuli.. Ta na na na.. na na na na
Agar khula hota us ghadi, waise bhi uska food hai sadi... Ta na na na ..na na na na
ER mein aa rahe the itne cases, Hum bhi bhaag rahe the saare places,
Pichle saat dino mein teen (on call) raat nahi soya, Kabhi khud pe hansa kabhi patient ke saath roya
Ta na na na ..... chorus
On call ka agla din dopahar aaya, grand rounds mein chup chup ke soya.. ta na na na....
Phir bhi bajti rahi pager, kuch major problems the kuch minor ...ta na na na
Mere senior ne kaha aake tab, ghar bhaago tum log ab,
Pichle saat dino mein teen (on call)raath nahi soye,ab ghar jaake blog wog karna hai karo ya phir so jao
Ta na na na...Na na na na...
Just when I was so revved up with my poetic inspiration the dreaded sound came first in low pitch and then in an increasingly annoying pitch "BEEP!BEEP" and it was time for some productive work again. It was 2 am and a patient ironically was experiencing insomnia. *Sigh*





9 comments:
great to jhav u back
congrats on getting the resident...
great to jhav u back
congrats on getting the resident...
You are awesome. Am blogrolling ya
You are awesome. Am blogrolling ya
You are awesome. Am blogrolling ya
yay!!! you are singing and back.. even if you are being tormented by insomniac patients!! SO you are a resident now.. awesome!! (yeah I know its a lot of work.. but guess what it will soon be over and you do get to wear a white coat and wield an inordinate amount of power over us regular mortals!()
YOU have to compete with ME to get that bhoot role, woman! :D
but heyy.. .CONGRATS!! on the residency... :)
WOW!! hats off. you a doc!!
Congrats.
Ina has grown into a really lovely young lady
always good to have grandmas around
ITW- Thanks!It's good to be back
Phoenixritu- Welcome to the blog and TY!I have to drop by your space too:)
Preethi- TY!*Practicing the all powerful ruling over the mortal laugh* Mwahaha!:):)*and draining all her energy in that laugh collapses and starts snoring on the bed*
Raysh- Wow!what a neat idea. What do you say about bargaining and insisting we both will play the central characters,with both our hairs we ought to make it scary enough:) I still think you can't beat me in the coiffure department:)Now that you are moving to London we perhaps can base the characters in different towns as well:)
Art-TY!yep having grandma certainly helps. I have no idea how I could have done anything without her.
Post a Comment