Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My little food faddist



Lately we (Ina & me, who else?)are hitting bit of turbid waters in the department of solid food. Past two days Ina has simply refused to eat anything except avocados and tofu(seriously babies have weird palate).Her favorite chilled carrots and sweet potatoes are left to rot in fridge and today I had to throw it away cause they had been refrozen and about to go bad(sigh).Is it that she is teething? I don't know. Sometimes I feel stupid cause every time she does something out of her normal character I begin to think "oh, maybe she is teething!"(I know that's my way of justifying her crankiness) but many a times it turns out she is just being well a pain. And yes her new favorite has been kiwi fruit, of all the neat fruits I offer her she prefers only this one which incidentally I happen to hate (I'm still convinced she is my child only but definitely her palatal tastes are not mine, maybe she gets it from her dad, oh that would take another blog to write about his taste bud preferences, don’t even get me started on that one!!)So after a lot of eye staring(with the star wars battle theme playing in the background) and coaxing(with Dave Matthews band playing "American baby" on the background)and firm refusal to open her mouth for anything other than avocado and tofu I finally gave up, if you want to eat just that then avocados and tofu it is. Hail avocado and tofu!

Ina is also beginning to sit and play herself (maybe tofu and avocados are helping) after a few feeble attempts of sitting with open stretched out legs when she had almost fallen and bonked her little head now she has leant to steady herself with one leg flexed at her knee and the other stretched out (how clever is my girl! I know here I go bragging about my kid just like all those irritating mommies, I say maybe its a contagious disease, I surely never thought I would contact it too)But still it's cute and good to see her using her little brain. She also follows me all around the house like my own little lamb (Mary had one and I have a better one which even smiles and waves) Her favorite area is still those areas which I have forbidden her to meddle with, the place near the TV stand and the comp where there are some enticing wires which keep calling her to come and she promptly attends the call too. We have child proofed it with all the wires nearly packed and hidden but she still finds even a tiny bit of those sockets with wires very fascinating .So I have to keep an eye on her every now and then when she is on the floor(This is surely her dad's quality, otherwise who would be really interested in those stupid looking lanky wires of all the things, the momma certainly doesn't)
It has been raining whole day here, it’s a murky weather so we couldn't go out for a walk and I also had to do some work on my papers which is still pending(sigh, sigh and yes another sigh)Got to get my procrastinating sorry ass back to the table from this comp and finish it while Ina is napping. Adios!

No comments: