Passing through the past
Today a little birdie told me that there was a email from someone I used to know long long back.I checked in to see that it was true.And with that mail came a deluge of past memories.Ok,to cut to the chase this mail was from a friend who used to my best best friend at high school but we had a major fall out by the end of college due to a guy.She had a major role to play in that escapade and backstabbed me in such a way I had nightmares of having a close girlfriend for years to come.So she writes to me asking me whether I could put it all back and just be aquainted again.I thought about it,it's not that I had held on the past and I now know that whatever happened happened for good but unearthing something that I have let go and moved on this far ahead was something I just didn't want to do.Though I have put it all behind me the effect it had on many a relationships which came by later lingered on for a long time and I don't think I could forget it.I'm really not a person who believes in forgive and forget.Maybe forget yes but forgive hmm...that's not that easy.So all said and done I decided I didn't want to get reaquainted in any way with her and just deleted the post.Did i do the right thing?Would you forgive a person who kind of tarnished the image of friendship and back stabbed you and then turned around and asked for forgiveness?Do reply if you can and it might be interesting to hear what everyone would say.
I truly believe that "you can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present"because I have personally experienced that myself before I realized the futility of doing so.This applies to any painful experiences of the past,ex boyfriends,ex girl friends,ex anyone.You got to let go and let it be for the future to come to you.All this past talk has made me giddy with memories, I have to go and get a coffee and check on my little one to get me back to the present and sms my true best friend and catch up on some hot gossip.Life will be normal again in another few minutes and I'll be back where I truly belong!
I truly believe that "you can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present"because I have personally experienced that myself before I realized the futility of doing so.This applies to any painful experiences of the past,ex boyfriends,ex girl friends,ex anyone.You got to let go and let it be for the future to come to you.All this past talk has made me giddy with memories, I have to go and get a coffee and check on my little one to get me back to the present and sms my true best friend and catch up on some hot gossip.Life will be normal again in another few minutes and I'll be back where I truly belong!






6 comments:
((fuzzy))
Trust yourself,you know what's best for you & you are a-ok, girl!
I hate to sound skeptical but what is her motivation?
I beleive more so in the forgive part (that's what lets me move on) and less in the forget part (that's what keep me from going backwards)
I had a room-mate/best friend for 8 years whom I'd know since high school. I haven't spoken to her in 3 years & although I hope all is well in her world, I am grateful not to have her in mine. If she were in dire straights she could call on me & I would probably be there for her, but I really don't need her BS in my daily life.
I'm still working on the forgiving part:).I'm one way curious why she bothered to contact me after nearly 7 years.We have a mutual friend maybe I will try to find out some things from her.If its some help that she needs I will do that but beyond that I don't really think I can reconnect with her.Its tough to pick up the threads where we left off because I'm also no longer the same person i used to be 7 years ago.Will update when i get any more info,let's see:)
LOL, well something motivated her...
Good Luck!
BTW, I like your blog!
Sometimes, they are just truly sincere.....
Sometimes.... they come back for your forgiveness just so they can forgive themselves....
And sometimes, even storytale love affairs, are better left unvisited the second time around...
You'll know. When to forgive and what to forget...
Trust your gut!
Very well put singleton.My gut clearly told me to stay off her no matter what she says.Maybe given a benefit of doubt she does want to genuinely ask for forgiveness but as for re-starting anything I think it's a bad bad idea.I've taken a lot of crap from her and now I just don't care nor want to go through any of that again.
Thanks for visiting my blog singleton!I saw your lovely blog and you are such a hugely talented person.Love your art!!
Skinnylittle blonde-I decided not to pursue the matter and let the sleeping dogs lie:).It's nice to know you liked my blog!!love yours too!!
Post a Comment