Pain & gain

I have a paper submission next week and I'm hopelessly lagging behind my schedule and these are atleast 2 sound reasons why I shouldn't be wasting my time blogging(I know,I know I'm soo gone)but here I'm still cheating on my schedule and taking out 15 minutes just to write some of the wandering thoughts on a blog which is lost in sea of blogs,seriously does anyone ever read this many blogs?Atleast not people who have paper submissions due in a week!!
Now I have realized why people who are so hard to get rid of are usually referred to as being pain the neck(ok,there's another version being pain in the #$% which I feel is more appropriate but I digress)Because neck pain is such a hard ass pain,it just gets gnawing and more annoying by the minute and you never learn to appreciate the suppleness and flexibility of your neck until you have them taken away from you!Imagine if we suffer this much how much more does the poor giraffe would incase of a neck pain?hmm..ok that made me feel better for a moment and made me smile(there's a mean streak in me ,what to do?)and my argument will still be that it still would be worse for a giraffe if it had to take care of its demanding young ones with a gnawing neck pain just like me or perhaps no,I still had it bad,baby giraffes don't cry and shreik and make us chase all around the house and poop and pee,so there you have it,I still top that argument with the giraffe.Coming back to MY neck pain , I don't know about others but to me there is a very intricate pathway of connection between my emotions and pain.I am a sissy when it comes to pain,I can't tolerate pain of any threshold.I was one of those patients who were jumping up and down to get the epidural at the hospital(I think epidurals are the greatest inventions of the century).So you can already see this hasn't been a good day and a day like this with a child who seems to feed on your irritation and regurgitate it back it's tough and it can be trying at times. I really think babies pick the sense of irritation from their care giver and inturn send the similar vibes back.I was seriously losing it by the end of the day.Really when you are a mother it doesn't matter how ill you are you still got to suck it all up and take care of the kids first.And it's mighty hard but I did it and I made it through somehow with much help from Ina's dada(He is such a total sweetheart,maybe someday I can blog just about him!!)So dear neck pain when you encounter a mom beware, you lose big time and I know even the momma giraffe would agree!





No comments:
Post a Comment