Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Men and their toys




What is it with men and their unending fascination with gadgets and technology?I have been dealing with this obsession all my life.First it was dad who used to hoard the house with all the electronic equipments he would collect during his voyages and then it was my brother who also shared the same passion but more so for the video games.Is it something in their genes that makes this obsession so unique?After I got married I realised how very much my hubby too was inclined towards this hoarding.I'm technologically challenged,I do have a good know how towards some general stuff and can fairly manage my works on the comp but apart from that I have no special interest in the same,it's not that I was not interested in knowing about how they function etc but I can safely say I never obsessed about them.It's like a infectious disease and seems to affect all those who possess the XY chromosomes.
Two guys meet and I can almost be certain how the conversation goes.
First dude-Hey man,did you just check out the new baby on the block?(no the baby doesn't mean the babe,let me rephrase they are talking about the hot new mobile phone)
Second dude-Oh yes,that's awesome.Thinking of exchanging it for my old one( the supposedly old one was hardly few months old)
First dude-hey did I tell you I'm upgrading my computer with that brand new processor?
Second dude-Really,I heard they are offering them for a discount at the future shop.That would really add to the speed of my comp.
First dude-yes you should get it too,why don't we go check it out this weekend?
Second dude-Excellent idea.I have already made a list of the components and I tell you once I build it it's going to be awesome.
First dude-Also did you know the new PS3 which is coming out?
Second dude-Yes,it has pretty great features,I'm thinking of giving up my X box and getting a PS3 instead,heard it's already been booked in advance even on ebay.
First dude-yes ,by the way did you play that new "gfsderwew" game out on the X box?
Second dude-Nopes ,not yet.Thinking of renting it out this weekend.Heard it has pretty good action.
I mean comeon,these guys have met after a long time,there was no hello or hi ,how are you doing,howz the kids or the family?No,their conversation centres only around these topics more or less.I find it pretty amazing and sometimes it affirms my conclusion that there is closer relationship to this orientation on even a molecular level.I am yet to come across females who are so technically inclined but maybe they do exist and I am not aware.But it could be a good research topic I believe.Maybe it has something to do with feeling of being in control,or the feeling of being powerful I don't know.But men and their toys remain a mystery to me!!!

No comments: