Sunday, November 19, 2006

My clingy lover

I slowly lowered a sleepy Ina safely in her crib,covered her with her favorite blanket and her teddy bear, switched off the lights and closed the door silently.I did a little jig for having done with the last work of the day and finally getting some alone time and head back for living room to catch up on the newpaper which I have been intending to read since morning.As I settled down with it on my sofa the monitor screamed with a wail "maaamma..maaam".
I heaved a sigh and went back to the room to check on her and there she was sitting up in her crib with tears in her eyes and as soon as I reached out to pat her she grabbed my hands and climbed up into my arms holding it tightly and not letting it go even for a second.She buried her little head into my arms and again closed her sleep leaden eyes and I felt her little body relax and go back to sleep.This has been the story for past few days ever since Ina has developed separation anxiety.It's like she wants mommy every minute of the day just with her.It's pretty tiring,it's demanding and sometimes it's frustrating but it also makes you feel so loved.

I know this stage won't last forever and maybe someday when she is a bratty teenager walking away to her room,slamming it on my face and screaming "Mom,I hate you"I perhaps might look back and wish she had separation anxiety again!!I like the way one of my friend said about this stage,it's a stage where your baby falls in love with you and can't let you go.That's such a nice way of looking at it,so maybe I should sit back and take it easy and enjoy having a clingy lover for sometime!!
Talking about anxiety,come next feb I will be heading back to complete my residency and back to the hectic,hustle bustle of work life.This staying at home mom thing for a year was something I had wanted to do whenever I had a baby.But frankly staying at home mom task is no easy one as I have come to realise.I have really developed a deep admiration for my mom and all the stay at home moms who do such a great job.There have been days and times during this one year where I have longed to get back to work and now when the time has actually come near I am feeling sad that the year is going to end.I had a wonderful time watching little baby Ina soon to turn into a toddler.I am now worried how will I stay away from her and go for work.I will surely miss her terribly,miss all those little naps we took,those leisurely walks we went for,the stories we read and games we played,the songs we heard together and danced to,I know by the end of the day I will still come home to her and she from her daycare and we will still have fun but it would still not be the same way as being around 24/7.I will miss these cozy together times,these times when our worlds are centred just around the two of us.I know there will be many more happier times to come also.So as of now I want to enjoy every available moment doing things we both love without bothering about time or the day or a care in the world.Surely at times I wonder who suffers from the separation anxiety more?maybe I know the answer!!

4 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

Awww... the secure sleep that comes while being cradled in the arms of one we trust more than life itself...how precious & fleeting. Yes, you may find that it is you with seperation anxiety to the nth degree come February. :( I really admire & respect your choice to stay at home for Ina's first year. Six weeks is the norm & it just doesn't seem long enough.

Fuzzylogic said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fuzzylogic said...

Thanks Skinny!I'm so not looking forward to Feb:)

the mad momma said...

I see i'm coming in late on this post! but feb has passed.. how are you faring?