Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Super market conversation


Conversation today at the grocery mart with the friendly lady at the counter:
Lady: Hi there
Me:Hi,how are you doing?
Ina:mmm,yeee..yeee
Lady: Oh,I hear you dear,I was saying Hi to you too
Ina:mammm,mmaamm
Lady:How adorable,How old is she?
Me:Thanks,she is 8 months old
Lady:(Giving that friendy wide smile)We also have a 7 month old
Me:Oh,that's nice,a little boy or a little girl?
Lady:It's a little girl,Me and my daughter both adore her so very much
Me:They are darn adorable at this stage
Lady:Oh yes,you should see her whiskers
Me(spilling my bag of stuff over the floor):Pardon me ,whiskers? (Not sure I had heard that right,that poor kid!!)
Lady:Oh yes,she's one adorable kitten.
Me:Oh,ok(that figures out about the whiskers part,but darn you lady why didnt you say so in the beginning itself instead of having me thinking we were having a baby conversation! and I'm pretty sure Ina didn't say meow in her greetings )
Lady:Have a good day then,you too baby take care byebye
Ina:Yeeeee,goo gooo(I was still looking incase she said anything remotely resembling meow)
Me:Oh yes thanks,you too
I stepped out of the store still wondering what was that whole conversation about?and how did the cat enter the picture and what the whole connection was.Then slowly I started to laugh,whiskers???LOL!!!whether she was just kidding with me or trying to make a friendly conversation to wile off her boredom of sitting behind the counter the whole day on a murky rainy day I don't know,it sure well did make me smile!!!

2 comments:

skinnylittleblonde said...

I love people who add color to the mudane things in life! When you go shopping there next, be sure to ask how her baby is doing...lol.

Fuzzylogic said...

LOL!I surely will.