Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Love and peace

Some say love it is a river that drowns the tender reed
Some say love it is a razor that leaves your soul to bleed

Some say love it is a hunger an endless aching need

I say love it is a flower and you it's only seed

It's the heart afraid of breaking that never learns to dance

It's the dream afraid of wakingthat never takes the chance

It's the one who won't be taken

who cannot seem to give

and the soul afraid of dyingthat never learns to live

When the night has been too lonely

and the road has been too long

and you think that love is only for the lucky and the strong

Just remember in the winterfar beneath the bitter snows

lies the seed that with the sun's love in the spring becomes the rose

-Bette Midler
Valentine's day is supposed to be about love,hope,dreams and a day meant to show how much you care...though I do feel it's outrageously being commercialized and sometimes I wonder why love is suddenly being measured in terms of gifts and confined into cards and chocolate boxes. All said and done perhaps some people feel the need to take a day out of their hectic life and cherish the things they take for granted and perhaps such reminders serve as that speedbreakers needed in the fast pace of life.
Apart from showing our love to our family and loved ones,let's also make it a day to wish for peace and harmony.

It's hard to celebrate a day in love when there is so much going on in the outside world...
Somewhere down below I feel unsettled(My neighbor just received news about the death of her young son who was deployed in Afghanisthan)

Somewhere out there ,there might be families longing to the return of their loved ones from the war,somewhere out there ,there are families who might have lost all that they ever had due to the war,there might be wounded children victim of something they never were meant to be a part of....

Let's just keep them in the thoughts as we celebrate what we have.Hold your loved ones more closer,cherish the gift of their love,let them know you care,share connectedness with friends, family and strangers alike.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to all my blogger friends all wonderful and unique,I'm glad to have known you all!


9 comments:

TS said...

"And the Oscar goes to..."

Jokes apart, I do echo your felings. Keep writing and keep lighting.

Sai said...

such a poignant post! I completely agree with you!

Anyway Happy Valentines day to you.

Spadoman said...

We don't go in for the store bought made up celebrations. We like to do the Solstice and days that mean something to our own lives, but we have a game we play every year in February.

We each start asking the other, days in advance, if they have decided who their valentine would be this year, my wife and I. Each year it's the same, "I haven't picked anyone yet." story.

This morning, I asked her to be mine and she accepted and said she was gonna ask me today too!

We're both busy with some personal family things that popped up, but we'll celebrate with dinner on a day when we can relax and enjoy ourselves. That won't be today amidst the starry eyed lovers who'll be bobbin' and weavin' tryin' to "make it" tonight.

We made ours 25 years ago. Barb still has that first card that I sent her, two weeks after we met, in February of 1971.

A valentine for you Fuzzy, in spite of the world and it's grief, take pleasure in the peace you have.

starry said...

Happy Valentines day to you Fuzzy logic. Yes it should be a day to have peace and harmony too.have a fun day.

Dan said...

Beautiful post Fuzzy. Happy Valentines Day. Lots of love to you and yours.

By Deepa and Supriya said...

Happy Valentines fuzzy! Loved the bette midler song..thanks!

Fuzzylogic said...

TS- Whatever was put down was something I felt strongly about at that moment.Anyway hope you had a great day!

Sai-Thanks,Hope you too had a wonderful Valentine's day!

Spadoman-25 years and you still ask whether you can be each other's valentine?Now that's what I call keeping the romance alive:)You both sound such a adoring couple.She still has kept her first valentine card from you,aww that's sweet!you both are lucky to have each other:)Hope you had a relaxing valentine's day with family and friends!

Starry-Thanks,hope you had a great day too!

Dan-Thanks Dan,what did you do by the way today?Hope whatever it was you and Laura had a good time.

Orchid-I love that song,glad you liked it too.I'm feeling better now thanks.I hope you had a wonderful day!

skinnylittleblonde said...

My heart goes out to your neighbor. I am so sorry for her loss and the loss of her son. So terrible. There's nothing that will ever fill that void & his loss will be felt for generations to come. (I still feel my Mothers' love & loss of her uncle in WWII, although I never met him)
I don't know if this is true or not, but I heard many moons ago that it was American Greetings who lobbied to have Valentines Day acknowledged as a National Holiday. It always stuck with me and always made sense... we ought not need a special day to profess our love, it should be everyday.
((((Fuzzy))))

Fuzzylogic said...

Skinny-TYSM,its really hard whe you see something like this happen to someone you know,I think those are the moments when you feel the tragedy can hit anyone anytime and we are never immune or safe in a real sense.It also makes the tragedy of the war so much more real.My neighbor's family is still reeling in shock and are yet to come to terms with what has happene.I do pray they can find the strength to grieve and move on.
About the American Greetings thing I was not aware of this rumor!its quite a possibility I did have an iking that perhaps somewhere down below celebrating the day in such a way was perhaps a brainchild of some card company!
You are so right,we ought not need a single special day to show we care and cherish the people we love.Hope you had a wonderful day on the 14th!