Something to remind us by
An eye for an eye will make the whole world go blind- Mahatma Gandhi

The tragedy of war is that it uses man's best to do man's worst. ~Henry Fosdick




Honor the soldier not the war.

The tragedy of war is that it uses man's best to do man's worst. ~Henry Fosdick
All the arms we need are for hugging. ~Author Unknown

Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind. ~John F. Kennedy, 1961

“There was never a good war or a bad peace."-Benjamin Franklin

The world is full enough of hurts and mischance without wars to multiply them"-J.R.RTolkein

Be the change you want to see in the world"-Mahatma Gandhi
Honor the soldier not the war.







20 comments:
Thats a neat reminder! Hope it reaches the right people! :)
Very nice peaceful message. Thank you.
Yesterday, I was talking with a friend. Another persons name came up. This other person is misunderstood and many find her irritable when she comes around the coffeehouse as we grind away about how to achieve peace.
I find the woman irritable at times as well, but I also see that she is a human being that likes us and likes being around us. It is nothinf special that I do when I accept her, talk with her, learn more about her and start to like her, too.
That is my definition of making peace. That's where it starts for the whole world, right in you and how you relate to another human spirit.
It is a blessing that another human being likes me for what I am and wants to be friends. I believe it promotes peace to accept this gift when it's around.
liked the 1st one best
liked teh cycle post too. reminded me of my days when i learnt to ride. looking forward to teaching my kids the same
Such a beautiful and profound message! I absolutely loved it.
Sorry to post again....in response to your question...it is absolutely OK to link me at your blog. Thanks!
There is certainly nothing fuzzy about the logic of the quotes in this post.. Thank you for sharing them ... They should give us a lot to think about for the day!
It makes a lot of sense especailly TODAY!
We all need that reminder every once in a while.
What a beautiful post! I want to print it and make it into a bigger than my bumper, bumper sticker!
I've been super busy & have missed bouncing around this blog world...for some reason I just had to bop here & one other place & now I know why!
I could feel your words! Thanks Fuzzy.
This is wonderful.
Very appropriate and timely post. Unfortunately, mankind has yet to see a time when there is no war going in any part of the world. Have we really progressed as a species or gone worse??
Nice messaga and a reminder for all of us.Just because it is not happening where we are does not make it disappear.
I just love your blog!
Has to be me-I too hope the message reaches the right people but each and every one of us also can make a difference.Perhaps it can begin with making peace a part of our lives.Thanks for coming by
Spadoman-You my friend are an inspiration.And you are so right,it all begins within each of us.I think by accepting the woman and making an effort to understand and talk to her you have shown us how to go about integrating peace within our lives.Hope you are feeling better now and enjoying the precious little angel.
ITW-Thanks,I liked the first one a lot too.About the bike,I bet you will have more fun teaching your boys to ride than they have learning:)I also can't wait for my little one to discover the joys of riding the bike!
Sai-Thanks and yes I have blogrolled you now:)
Dave-Thanks for coming by.I'm glad the quotes had an impact on everyone who read it.I hope to see you around!
Orchid-Good to see you up and about:)How are you doing,hope you have managed to kick that throat infection to the curb!You were certainly missed:)
Sanjay-Thanks but this is perhaps nothing compared to the efforts you are making.I think you are also an inspiration to everyone!
Skinny-I'm glad you loved them.It was one of those instantaneous posts.It's also something I feel strongly about,I know you felt them too!Don't let the hectic schedule keep you out of the blog world for long,I love your posts:)
Ricky-Yes sometimes I do wonder whether the mankind has progressed towards the worse,we do have the inventions to boast of but at what price.But then wars I guess have always been a part of history.In one form or the other there has always been unrest.I wonder sometimes whether peace will ever get a chance.It's scary to think what future holds if this situation continues.
Lalitha-Yes you are so right.I think many of us tend to think since the war is not happening on our streets or backyard it doesn't have to impact or bother us.I think war touches everyone's life in a profound way.It's important to be aware of it and try to make a difference in however small way we can.
Baron-You are a sweetheart.I needn't say how much I appreciate having you here!
Peace. They should have flashed your blog at the superbowl! Poignant. Powerful. Priceless.
I just had to come back....I love this post!
Singleton-Wow thanks for such sweet words!I guess since it was a passionate and depicted something I strongly happen to believe this post did touch everyone who read it.Glad you liked it!
Skinny-TY,I'm so glad you appreciate it so much!
What a truly beautiful post.
Orhan-TY
Yeah I agree with Spadoman, we all have our idiosyncracies and quirks and its these small differences, when we fail to take time to understand the reasons/person that they get blown up; we do so much to eradicate the diseases around, but fail to see the biggest disease of all; War itself!
I always remember the line from Crimson tide when Hunter says "in the nuclear world, the true enemy is war itself"
Rebus-I agree 100%,that was such a nice way of putting things together.TY
Post a Comment