Superbowl fever
So the weekend is here and so is the Superbowl. I would have loved to watch cricket anyday than football but the sheer enthusiasm and excitement amongst all the friends and also hubby is pretty infectious so I'm also getting drawn into it.
Let's not venture into the territory of the guys and sports atleastt not this weekend,I'm hopelessly outnumbered and wouldn't want to risk being banned from the party:)So I will join with them when they shout in unison for their favorite team to win "GO BEARS GO"!!(Sorry Baron,I will cheer for Colts too,May the best team win)
Those who are going to watch the game enjoy the game folks,for the rest have a great weekend!






14 comments:
If it's a close game, I'll watch it all, except halftime. I haven't watched a halftime show in over twenty years. If it's a blowout, "click!" Start looking for good movies.;)
Fuzzy... To be honest, I like sports. It is mindless dribble and although I'm sure there is a better more productive way to waste time and relax, like read a book or meditate, I relax watching the mindless dribble.
That said, I grew up in Chicago. Since I like sports and football in particular, the Bears are my team. Last time they were in the Superbowl, (amd won), I was coming out of surgery for a triple bypass operation. I missed seeing my team play and win. I must watch this one this year. It might be the last time My team gets to play, so, I'll waste a little time by the tube.
It's alos fellowship. In my case, family will gather and hang out. The game is really secondary to being around my daughter and her husband and having the grandkids running all over the place and eating together. That's what it really is all about, that and Da Bears.
Bears 29 Colts, 17 Mr. Predictor has spoken
Thanks for dropping by.
Love the last picture, and yes, I would also rather watch Cricket!
BEARS BEARS BEARS BEARS BEARS! Oh, maybe I should mention--I want the Bears to win. You go girl. But I fear those Colts. Peyton is one good quarterback.
I absolutly love the 'map of Iraq' at the bottom!
TFWS-I agree,a close game would be exciting to watch.Keep some movies handy just incase:)if not anything there are always the commercials:)enjoy the game:)
Spadoman-Da bears also have connection here in my house as my husband was in Chicago during his postgrand studies and hence has fond memories of the place and da bears:)This year certainly you should watch the game and hope da bears win!I agree many a times to me also its more about being together with the family and watching the game which is more fun than the game itself,its very special!I do miss watching the games with my family.But the friends here do make up for that loss.Someday I will get to enjoy them with the family hopefully:)I trust in your prediction,lets cheer da bears!
TS-Thanks for coming by,that iraq one does manage to get to the point straight doesn't it?Cricket was always a pleasure to watch with family around who are totally crazy about the game when we were back in India.But anyday its truly fun!
EOTR-It'll be an interesting game,agreed Colts have a great offence and Peyton Manning is a force to reckon with but I think the bears have a great defence so hope they can make it!Let's wait and watch.Enjoy the game tomorrow.
Orhan-I loved it too,it does put lot of things in perspective.Hope you are having a great weekend!
LOL, I think I'd rather go to the Bahama's than to the living room anyday...even SuperbowlSunday!
The pic of the football with Iraq is so sad and true - more people in the world do care for this game more then they do whats happening in Iraq - hope you have a good day - and you know who I am cheering for!
The Iraq cartoon is really so saddening.
But the previous one- well when u have men and their favourite sport- nothing comes in the way- excpet little daughters or sons....
when u cant beat them join them eh!
Passionate about football here as is *A*. She does follow cricket, while I don't. It's just hard. It was a nice game though. Too bad for the bears!
Skinny-Lol,I know there's a reason why I found that particular cartoon appealing:)I feel exactly the same way whenever the sport mania takes over the tv in the living room!Bahamas does sound like such a great idea:)
Baron-I surely know whom you are cheering and Colts won!!Congrats on the win of your team:)we had quite a few disappointed bear supporters here last night.
Iraq cartoon indeed speaks the truth,its very sad that lot many care more about the game and not about the war and suffering.I do hope lot many realize the wrongs that are happening and take a joint effort to end the war.
artnavy-According to me even those little girls and boys don't come into the picture between men and sports unless ofcourse there is some acute emergency:)at my home when games take over the tv some people tune out to the whole world.
Thanks for appreciating the iraq cartoon,I'm glad lot of you noticed the message it conveyed.
ITW- Lol,yes that's my motto to survive the day.Actually it's fun when its in a group,I enjoy seeing them all getting so worked up about just a game:)
Sanjay-You and A seem to make a great team and its great that you both enjoy sports.Cricket is also very interesting game,you should seriously make an effort sometime with A:)I know the bears lost and that was a big disappointment.I was so sure they would come through but the game however took a big turn and Colts took over!But it was a good game!
I did pick the score correctly, just the worng teams. Oh well, I'm originally from Chicago, I'm used to it.
Spadoman-It's sad that the bears lost.I know at the end of the match even my hubby said the same,we ought to get used to this:)
Hey but look at the bright side you did get the scores still right:)Did you watch the whole match or couldn't bear to see the bears lose?Here many of them walked out when they sensed how the outcome would be:)
Post a Comment