Friday, January 26, 2007

Celebrating my roots


Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high;
Where knowledge is free;
Where the world has not been broken up
into fragments by narrow domestic walls;
Where words come out from the depth of truth;
Where tireless striving stretches its arms towards perfection;
Where the clear stream of reason
has not lost its way into the dreary desert sand of dead habit;
Where the mind is led forward by thee into ever-widening thought and action---
Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake
-Rabindranath Tagore
Happy Republic day INDIA 2007

12 comments:

Something to Say said...

A very happy Republic day to you too! And to all Indians out there!

skinnylittleblonde said...

Into that heaven of freedom, my Father, let my country awake

Now that really sounds wonderful to me!

di.di said...

Wish you and your Indian friends Happy Republic Day!!

karmic said...

I had no clue it is Republic day. Have a happy republic day. :)

Spadoman said...

Have a wonderful day!

rayshma said...

wish u a very happy republic day too..

By Deepa and Supriya said...

Thanks for the video attachment...it is not everyday that i get to feel patriotic. Happy Republic Day!

Fuzzylogic said...

STS-Hope you too had a great day,being far from the home country can sometimes make me nostalgic,I guess today was one such day!

SLB-This actually used to be my school song,I thought it was very beautiful too:)

Dramadiv@-Thanks for the wishes,I truly appreciate it

Sanjay-When I was back in India none of these held much importance,perhaps being far from there is what made me remember:)Hope you had a great day!thanks for coming by

Spadoman-Thanks for the wishes,this was just my way of remembering the place where I came from.

Rayshma-Thanks and hope you had a happy one too!

Orchid-I just loved the video too,it did get me all nostalgic:)glad it made an impact on you as well.Hope you had a wonderful republic day!

Anonymous said...

Loved the video,Happy Republic day.

Fuzzylogic said...

Lalitha-Thanks,I'm glad you liked the video,it kind of touched my heart too.Hope you had a wonderful day too!

Baron Ectar said...

Wow - this is a great post - thanks and Happy Republic day

Fuzzylogic said...

Baron-That was very thoughtful of you,thanks.