Lend your hearts
2007 has arrived fresh and just a few days old squirming in its diapers like a new born baby.It was welcomed by some, scorned by some and treated with indifference by some.But its here
to stay and leave its mark again on all our lives as the years always do.Lot of resolutions would have been made and lots of hopes and dreams would have been built. The most important thing however the world needs today is peace,somewhere we seem to be losing out on the basic humanitarian values which binds all of us together. In a battle of means and hatred the innocent victims are the ones who suffer the most. My heart goes out to all those millions of innocent children caught in the cross fire of a fight of which they never were a part of,paying for a crime they never committed,having to face hardship and
tears at a age which ought to be filled with laughter and joy. Maybe this year we can begin a fresh chapter by keeping them in our hearts and prayers. Let's make an effort to break down the walls of prejudice and hatred within our hearts and reach out and make a difference
in any small way we can. It's something we owe to ourselves as well as our children,to make this a better place for them. I pray the coming times will bring in a better future for those who are less fortunate than us and heal those broken little hearts and bring hope to those innocent eyes which
seem to have found none. If the images can move even a single person's heart today and motivate them to stand back for a minute and reflect this post would have accomplished its purpose.
"If we are to reach real peace in this world...we shall have to begin with the children" -Mahatma Gandhi
What peace means to these kids:
“My name is Eric. I am nine years old. For me, peace means having a family, eating, being healthy and living with the people I love.” 
“My name is Hasina. I am 12 years old. I wish there was no violence in our schools, in our homes and on our streets. I wish that thieves didn’t come to steal from us at night, and that all children went to school.” 
“My name is Tiana and I am eight years old. My friends and I want our parents to stop fighting, to stop hitting us, to stop drinking alcohol and getting drunk, and to stop taking drugs.”
“My name is Heriniaina. I am 10 years old. I wish people would stop forcing us to work on the streets and instead let us go to school and play.” 
What it means to the kids in this part of the world,words wise beyond their years and putting even us adults to shame with their sincerity and honesty.
Peace on earth.
Everyone should stop fighting.
As one race there are no Blacks or Hispanics.
Come everyone. Put down the guns and stop killing.
Everyone has to take care of the earth for it to take care of you.
Frank P. Age 10 Florida
People of all sorts, Chinese, Japanese, English, Scottish, Irish, etc., are not meant to be fighting because some are loving parents who need to be home with their children, holding and loving them, just making sure they are OK! But, some are just people who need not to die of war, but to die of old age! They need to be home, being healthy, not firing cannons at opponents! Please try and keep it this way! Jade C. Age 9 North Carolina
Let no child stand in the separation. Let no child stand alone all aroundthe earth. Bring the children home.Cristina C. Age 11 California
I think that we should not have war.
I mean, have you seen the children whose fathers have gone to fight just for peace. When I see those children whose loved ones go to fight, it's sad. I think we should have peace treaties to solve these fights. God gave parents because he wanted children to be taken care of. We shouldthink of the children and their families, whom God loves very much. I am a
Christian and I wish the children could know the wonderful Lord. I hate war. Those people are willing to die for their
country. You may think that children don't really care that their loved ones go, die, and no longer exist. Think again. Give these children hope, faith, and unconditional love. They love their fathers and mothers.
Veronica D. Age 11 Georgia
Pray that we all can work together to build a new world of trust and love,respecting ourselves and nature.
John I. Age 12 Pennsylvania
In the end, we are all dust in the wind. But that doesn't mean we should act like it and be careless all the time as we blow over this world.
Ben Age 14 South Carolina
Peace is the coming together as one, a love, no hate relationship. You haveto look deep down to
find peace, when you do you'll find true happiness. Nofighting, no hatred. People think they see, but they are truly blind because they can make the peace inside themselves, if they stop and lookwithin. People also are blind because they see people differentlythan themselves, but isn't everyone the same?
Melissa Age 11 Georgia
If roses could make peace, plant a garden wide;Let its beauty bring peace where soldiers died.For roses don't fight or point a gun;If rose could bring harmony,Plant many and be done.--Catherine Lee
People that walk the earth have a heart inside,
Put aside differences and join hands, When prayers and dreams are answered, Only then will we realize that World Peace and harmony make us one.--Brandy Smith
Plant a seed of peace,water it with love and happiness,don't let the evil in the world destroy it.Keep away trespassers,scare away birds of prey,harvest peace, Now a beautiful blue flower of peace, joy, and love blooms--Sharon Maendel
Peace is very good for youAnd for everbody else too.--Greg Keiderling
Peace is something special that everybody deserves in their life.Each of us should be thankful for what we have in our lives and care for one another like brothers and sisters.As all of us try to make a difference for our surroundings, we can make a better life for ourselves.Can we make
peace happen in our life?Earth is your family, so if you want peace you can make a great difference by building more happiness on our Earth.
Monica G. Age 10 Florida
Peace begins with saying sorry. Peace begins with not hurting others.Peace begins with honesty and trust. Peace begins with showing cooperation and respect. World Peace Begins With ME!--Halley Hall
Wish of an Iraqi Child
When I look
at the purple-blue sky at night,
I want to see stars,
not the bombers,
circling in the moonlight,
or comets instead of the flare
of the crashing bombs
on the streets out there.
Stars are the angel-bridgesof comfort -
nothing should block their light.
--Avalyn Mathis
"I prefer the most unfair peace to the most righteous war." -- Cicero.
(do listen to the song on this link)
We are children of peace. We are the children of the world
Nah-nu awladdul salaam, Nah-nu awladdul aalaam(arabic translation)





12 comments:
I was really touched by this post. Hope we can restore the innocence in our lives- all the best to you , Ina and your kin
Very moving post. Hope we can all do our bit. But do we? Doing our bit means extending beyond our families and not enough ppl care.
Really touching post. When 8 year olds start talking about peace - you realize what kind of world one is living in.
such simple wishes. they truly undestand what happiness is
Excellent post!. I'm glad to know your blog/
I have seen the tragedy and the horror of war firsthand. I know that the people suffer, and the children, our future, suffers greatly. I don't want the fear, hunger, instability, sadness, sense of loss, lack of contentment, death and destruction which is what war is, any more.
Joey 57 years old
Thanks Fuzzy. You did a fine job here. If not for anything else, for the children.
Came bloghopping. A very nice post. Peace suddenly seems so hard to reach and I wonder why.
Happy new Year & will blogroll you in my mumma blogger section, hope you dont mind.
Artnavy- I really believe it's only their innocence which can bring about a change in the hearts of people.I also hope something can be done about this before its too late.Thanks for dropping by and thanks a lot for the wishes.
Sanjay-I also feel not many people care enough to extend their hand or do something about the situation.But perhaps awareness itself can be a good start.It's afterall drops that make an ocean.
Thanks for coming by.
Something to say- Very true!I was moved by their words,isn't it something that at such a tender age they have such a powerful message to the world?
ITW-Perhaps we adults tend to forget that true happiness lies in the simplest of the things.It's really heartbreaking that while we are living taking things for granted there are people out there who are struggling just for the basics.Thnks for coming by!
EOTR-TY,it's always a pleasure to have you here!
Spadoman-You are really an inspiration.There can be no better person who can vouch for the tragedy and ugliness of the war than a person who has seen it,been through it and lived it.I really respect your words.This year I intent to do something towards the cause maybe however small.I know you already have and I fully support you in that movement!Thanks for your kind words!
Sunita-Welcome here and hope to see you around often.You can blogroll me that will be a pleasure!I will drop in at your blog soon:)Have a great year!
The other day I was at a gas station and came across some kids that I so wanted to take home and love - kids are the one that suffer the most and are always silent - they grow up and never heal - you are right there is war everywhere in many forms and we all must do our part to protect the innocent. One hand reaching out makes a big impact.
Thanks for this hand of awareness.
d more i read, d more i love ur blog!
a very simple thought, very beautifully put. yeah, sometimes, we get so caught up in our lives that we don't spare too many thoughts for those around us.
u kind of made me stop & re-look at whether i was doing my bit. thanks for that!
Fuzzylogic,
First time here. Nice blog..I love blogs that have a lot of visual appeal. This is a straight from the heart kind of post.....sometimes it is sad that we cannot do more even if we want to... Now that I am a mother, I feel extremely strongly about children's issues.
Baron-Knowing you I wouldn't have been surprised if you indeed took them home with you!I know how kind you are and how you feel about these things.I also think you will be definetly one of those people who will reach out and help in whatever small way you can.Rock on Baron!
Rayshma-TY,my post did accomplish what it set out to do.Have a great weekend!
Orchid-Welcome here!I agree being a mom does change our outlook to such a large extent,anything involving a child does make me feel more stronger than before.Maybe it makes us more sensitive towards all kids in general perhaps.Hope to see you around!
Post a Comment