College life
Things only college can teach you
1.Living with clutter in the room is a way of life
2.Dishes aren’t dirty enough to wash until they have bugs and/or mold in them.
3.It’s a wonder how late you can stay up doing absolutely nothing, yet falling asleep in class or in the library takes an average of two seconds
4.How procrastination is an art in itself
5.You realize how important keys are but you still manage to lose them all the time
6.Going out for a pizza at 1 am is something very normal

7.You will become expert in finding nicknames for people especially the professors
8.You never miss home more than when you fall sick
9.Pick up a whole new lingo which no one seems to understand at home
10.You never realized there are so many people dumber than you
11.You also never realized there are so many people smarter than you
13.Movies have never been this much fun before with friends
14.Sleep certainly takes priority over shower
15.You never wondered about the multiple uses of buckets before
16.There's always someone in the front bench you can get the notes from
18. Asking for a biodata as a fresher being ragged is a perfect excuse to get to know the handsome guy who is your classmate
19.All you have to do to make new friends is distribute the goodies mom sent from home
20.Anything is edible as long as you don't find any bugs in them
21.You learn a new meaning to the phrase the early bird gets the worm,the early riser gets to have a bath that morning
22.Everything that you own is to be shared

24.You can recite back "Friends" verbatim more better than the material for the test due tomorrow
25.You will meet people who give a new meaning to the word weird and crazy
26.You realize how soon people can fall in and out of love
25.You will meet people who give a new meaning to the word weird and crazy
26.You realize how soon people can fall in and out of love
27.You learn to juggle multiple things between home,studies,friends,parties,sports,events and exams
28.One can reach the class even if one wakes up only 10 minutes before
30.Every penny saved is gold,also means an extra milkshake with friends
31.You learn to stuff your breakfast on the way to the classroom
32.You get a free class on human biology and every aspect of relationships just by listening to the girls talk in the dorms
33.Things which used to be a big deal in highschool become commonplace
34.Gossiping over coffee at the cafeteria is a perfect way of communication
35.You can talk till the dawn breaks and never realize it

36.Cleaning and vaccuming can happen only when the breakpoint is reached
37.Getting the laundry done is a legitimate excuse to make a trip to home
38.Jeans and t shirts may be worn as many times as the wearer desires
38.Jeans and t shirts may be worn as many times as the wearer desires
39.You learn to sleep with light, noise, extreme temps, and roommates snoring.
40.Everyone invite themselves to any birthday party even if they have never spoken to that person before
42.You will learn to appreciate clean bathrooms at home
43.Parties are never complete without people demanding alcohol
44.Cramming at the last minute is the norm to ace those exams
45.You never thought you would share so much about yourself with people you have known for such a short time
46.Duct tape can fix almost anything
47.People will always find a way to cheat in exams
48.Friendships built here last a lifetime
49.You get along so much better with your family whenever you make those trips back home
50.You gather a life time of memories and you realize when you leave the college behind your life has changed for ever.









15 comments:
10.You never realized there are so many people dumber than you.
11.You also never realized there are so many people smarter than you.
If you learn just those two, you will be smarter than 99% of the world.
Nice list!:)
wow - exhaustive list- i loved 10, 11 & 28. ... can identify with my hostel life
In college, duct tape can do a lot more than fix things. I'll just leave it at that.
Excellent list. It brings me back. How far back? I ain't sayin'.
miss that part of life...
love this this! thumb ups.
wow..
what an amazing post..
I just flew in time..
andthey are all so so universal..
did u really write them all on your own..
:P
real neat!!
A pretty complete list I gotta say, takes me back to my college days which seems like err eons ago.
You never wondered about the multiple uses of buckets before
Err yes.. and I won't go there in detail. :)
how VERY true. and universally.
those were d most fun days!
also, i was introduced to the concept of "dunking"
:)
WOW! that was a long list but can identify with many on your list and can agree that every penny was like gold.
Did you know I teach college? I certainly know about procastination; professors are just as bad, but we don't party as much. I have also learned to decipher who really reads and who is adept at fooling me into thinking they read. If they get the answer right, I give them credit, but I also let me know that reading the material would help. I do always tell my students that college is more than the books, but these days,it's so hard for them with working, huge classes and big universities. The smaller the school, the more the tuition.
Whew! got thru it :)
O.k where should I start?
14-definitely, some day I'll tell you what i studied in college..it will make more sense :)
26- yes, me2 guilty as charged :)
35- room # 28 XYZ hostel, India
37- and it meant taking an overnight bus trip to a city 200 kms away ;)
45- definitely!
48- not so sure :)
I could go on...but just realized this is ur post not mine..so I better shut up !!
Good one
TFWS-Thanks,I agree,that knowledge did help me a lot more than others:)
ITW-I know it was an exhaustive list:)I never realized how big it went before I decided to stop it!Hostel life does teach so many things doesn't it?
Dorky dad-Duct tape stories can be a different post all together,I have seen people use it for many things that I never thought possible:)
Dramadiv@-Yes,infact I was reminiscing about it and the post just happened.Glad you loved it,I think everyone can identify with it especially so if they have to stay in dorms or hostels.
Altering Abhishek-Thanks,this was my list,but the list idea itself was inspired by another post I had got by email from a friend.I think every one who has been a student would identify with it!
Sanjay-Lol,I have quite a few stories on the bucket but as you say not all were pretty to put it on the post:)I'm sure you would have enjoyed your college days just as much,you just seem like such a jovial kind:)
Rayshma-"Dunking" was one thing that didn't happen often in our hostel.You should tell me more about your college days,I'm sure you had a great time too.Truly they were the great fun days isn't it?I still miss them!
Starry-Thanks,sorry it was such a long list,I just didn't realize it would go this long when I started,Lol,I still had some more imagine that!!:)
EOTR-Yes,I am aware you teach college.And I am sure you are one of the best loved ones.Once you are out of the college we do realize even professors don't have it easy.I guess it comes with experience how you cn identify the ones who really make an honest effort and who really are slackers.I know for sure our professors too knew that art:)Yes I do agree these days it's a lot more tougher.I do think kids are more pressurized now to perform than before.Teachers however I feel have a more significant role to play now.I still remember those teachers who left quite a impression on us with their support to us during the times of need.From what I have read and known about you Enemy you I feel you are one of those unique caring teachers who sincerly strive to make a difference.Your students are lucky to have you!
Orchid-You could have gone on,I would really love to hear about your experiences.Maybe you should do a post on yours too:)I agree this was a long list and glad that everyone had patience to read it till the end.Maybe we can do a tag of sorts sometime to share those memories:)
And of course college kids don't have the attention span to read all 50 of these. (OK, so I didn't either.)
Dishes aren’t dirty enough to wash until they have bugs and/or mold in them.
No way! Mold is like mushrooms, right? It's good! And insects add more protein and give food an African flavor.
I will be finally finishing my school and so this is perfect timing...
Most of this was relevant to me except for few girly stuff...ewww :P
I have done college in India and Canada both but the India was more fun esp. the ragging...**evil laughter**
A very well written list. Much funny! I've never been to college (in the American sense) but I can still relate with most lessons on the list.
Dan-Lol,I was not aware you were still in college:)Moulds are vegetables and insects add flavor,Dan I would think twice before coming over o your place for dinner:)Do I presume that you have tasted the so called african food?:)You are such a lovable weirdo!
Ricky-Lol,yes no one can forget the ragging sessions of Indian colleges:)I remember being so scared about it as a fresher and by the time I was out of college ragging was a fun way of introduction,but it's sad though when i hear it getting extreme in some cases.Atleast I think we were luckier to have had enjoyed a "good" ragging than the bad ones.
Have a great time and enjoy the last year of college!
Orhan-I think its kind of a universal list during those fun filled student days be it in any part of the world,truly those days do carry so many memories.Glad you enjoyed them:)
Post a Comment