Just toying around
So Christmas came and left and hopefully you managed to get the toys and stuff that your kids really wanted.Now how about next Christmas?Just have a look at these toys and see if they make it to your list!
1.Gooey Louie:Go ahead take a guess what would be
the speciality of this toy?Let me give you a clue,what can all you pick?I think we can pick friends,pick up some take out,pick some dresses yes even pick some gifts,so what does this guy do?well he encourages your kid to pick his nose!
The concept is simple. You have a big plastic head with a big hollow nose. Stick your grubby fingers up the nose and fish out rubber boogers one by one(truly by the look this guy has on his face I strongly feel he gets some strange sick pleasure from having people pick his nose) One of these gooeys however is attached to one of his nose hair( can it be any more gross than this!) and if you pull that one out "PLOP"
his brains fly out of is head,Great!So now the kid can know that nose picking can perhaps cause brain to plop out of your skull,human anatomy lesson with fun,how much more educative can it get?Also, when you pull
the special gooey, his eyes pop out when his brain launches. Isn't that sweet?To top this the Gooey guy even chats with you as you dig into his nose.When you turn him on, he starts this about-to-sneeze ah-ah-ah-ah-ah and when your fingers go digging, he starts saying "That tickles"! or "Pick me a winner"!
Truly I'm lost for words.
2.Gassy Gus- This toy will be hitting the market soon and claims that it will be causing bouts of laughter and fun for both kids and parents.And what do you think this toy does?yes it does exactly what the name suggests.A 3-Dimensional character, Gus sits comfortably in an easy chair and is fed different food cards. Food like a chili dog or macaroni and cheese have values which correspond to the
amount of times players pump Gus’ head(there you go ,more bashing and bumping) Each pump expands his belly and sooner or later, Gus lets it rip(Great,eh?Is this going to replace all those other farting toys out there I wonder.Watchout next Halloween your kid just might want to be the mighty Gassy Gus won't that be funny?)Healthy food cards and extra pump cards create additional havoc and laughter(Bring it on,let's play burpy burpy and gassy gassy) But I won't be surprised if the Big fat guy Santa prefers this,maybe this issue is something close to his heart and he can totally sympathize with Gus.
3.Barbie's new dog Tanner-Will this Barbie stop hoarding things?apparently she hasn't,so here
goes Barbie and her new Dog Tanner.With his chiselled looks and nippy little sports car, we always suspected Ken might be full of it – but now Barbie has gone and got herself a dog that's gone the same way too.Tanner not only looks like a loveable labrador but also poops like one too. Almost a soon as Barbie has fed the dog its biscuit treats, a little something comes out the other end(I almost chocked on my coffee when I saw this) Trust me it gets better.But, in a move designed to encourage responsible dog ownership, toy manufacturer Mattel has provided Barbie with a pooper scooper and bin too, meaning Tanner never has to leave any unwanted 'gifts' lying about on the carpet(A socially responsible Barbie,who picks after her dog,she can now replace Bush and take over).But something is strange because here the dog eats the biscuits and then poops them out and eats them again(so eating his own crap teaches kids such valuable lessons,isn't that a little disturbing?)
Tanner also comes equipped with dog toys, a bone, biscuit treats, a feeding bowl and a pink lead(Hopefully they are all sold together and not separate)And, just in case that does not get the message across, Mattel has produced a promotional video of Barbie and Tanner playing in the park that shows you how to 'potty train' your dog".(Honestly WHO is coming up with all these ideas and HOW much do they really get paid)
Imagine the conversation at the Barbie R&D(Mantell Inc) department meeting:
"Ok everybody, let's see what we've come up with so far. Barbie has a mansion,overflowing wardrobe,sea of fashion accessories Check. She has a nursery,a playset,even a stable check.She is a pet doctor,baby doctor,a model,a bride,a fairy all check.She even has a boyfriend Check.She now has a cat and a horse Check.Everything packaged well and marketed to attract and trap all small girls Check.Hmmmm.... what are we missing....come on let's brain storm,Yes Mrs.Handler? 
Mrs.Handler:Sir,How about getting a dog for Barbie?
Mantell Inc:Excellent idea,yes Mr.Johnson?
Mr.Johnson:How about we introduce a dog which can be fed and which can poop in form of pellets which can be re-fed.Barbie can even pick them up after the dog with a scooper and throw it in the bin without using her hands! what's more we can perhaps later on create accessories for her dog too.
Mantell Inc:Brilliant Mr.Johnson,always thinking out of the box eh?
Mr.Johnson:Thank you Sir,This will definetly trap all those parents who think they can teach their little girls the responsibility that comes with keeping the dog and that Barbie cares about the society. Maybe even help her when she runs for President.
Mantell Inc:Absolutely!Ladies and gentlemen we now have a winner! 
I can't even begin to laugh.I think the Gassy Gus gave me a stomach ache for not so favorable review,and the gooey man cursed me with some stuffed nose,before Barbie's dog thinks of taking a revenge let me go lie down for a while.Have a great day everyone!





9 comments:
MAN. It's like you just basically read MY CHRISTMAS LIST.
Not my son's, mind you. MINE. I NEED Gooey Louie. NOW.
Gassy Gus huh.
I am anti barbie all the way
You shld not read my recent post- "And the Wind blows"
ooh how miserable the toys can get . i hate barbie too. i once saw a toy commode which can be flushed - had water too and one was a toilet kind of thing. u open the door and there is a guy peeing on you - yes all equipment was there and water squirted out of it.. yuck. but your list beats mine hollow
LOL.. I am not a fan of Barbie at all esp the poor role model she projects in terms of body type.
Will the next version of gassy gus also come with smells? Now they don't have to be all bad though! ;)
OMG! Gassy Gus ? thanks for the warning... Anyway, I am not worrying about toys atleast for the next mth or two..A is sort of od'd on toys now..if you know what I mean.
I hate barbie anyways - no matter accessory they give her. And seriously toys are just getting out of hand. If I thought Laughing Elmo was horrid - these toys are like ... ewwwww...
but gr8 post :)
Dorky dad-Lol!I knew someone would love these toys:)
Gooey louie will be thrilled:)
Artnavy-You know when I saw that Gassy Gus the first thing that came to my mind was your post:)About being Anti Barbie,I am inflamed whenever I see that doll with little girls,I know for sure my kid is not going to have one.
ITW-Barbie symbolizes all that is wrong for little girls I am so anti Barbie too!Toy commode which flushes and a guy who peeing on you when you open the door ewwww,that must have been quite a disgusting toy and I wonder who comes with these ideas!
Sanjay-You never know,the next version just might come with stinkballs of different smells!I certainly won't rule that one out:)
About Barbie I agree,its just a wrong role model for little girls and builds up really unhealthy body image.I hate the toy so much!
Orchid-I know,my kid hardly plays with the ones she has and according to me,I wonder is there any point in getting any more toys for her atleast not till she can manage to play more with the existing ones.
Something to say-That laughing Elmo is creepy!I wonder what goes on over the minds of those toy makers who come up with these ideas.I am with you on the Anti Barbie thing,she is definetly not welcome in my house no matter what!
Fuzzy,
I cannot even begin to tell you how grateful you just made me feel that my kids are passed this.
Baron-True,you escaped wisely before we got this "Toy attacks".It's a different story that my kid will never get such toys even if she goes on a hunger strike!:)Thanks for coming by.
Post a Comment