Monday, March 19, 2007

Sickness wars-Episode I-The Diarrhoea menace

Nopes,this story is probably not as interesting as the Star wars and certainly not available in wide screen version nor the dvd(you can heave a sigh of relief). It all started when our little peaceful planet of Fuzboo was attacked by this nasty bug.It was well aimed at the young Ina who is definitly a promising Jedi in the making. So Hubby-Gon Jinn and Fuzzy-Wan Kenobi had to embark on an arduous journey to protect the little one.Probably the bug travelled down the gut of that 15 month old child who inspite of being sick was brought to the story time at the library. It happily jumped up on young Ina and started its puke and diarrhoea fest. You never realize how hard mom Jedis work until you have a little one coming down with unchecked flowing transit of the intestinal baggages created by the dark forces. And when it happens rest everything around the home planet stops,laundries get piled up overnight,grocery are left undone,books unread,floors unswept,dishes unwashed,the only one thing gets the top priority handling the poor bawling little one and her unchecked bottom. No lightsabers can make the task any easier.

It made me remember the days when I used to fall sick. I had one such tired mom Knight too who used to attend to me with a nice warm soup,cuddles and vicks vaporiser. There always were warm washcloths against my hot forehead,there always were yucky nasty smelling medicines in dark bottles,white or yellow capsules which were detested but yet forcibly shoved into the throat and a cool thermometer inside the mouth. It seems yesterday but here I am doing the same with my own little one. I guess it all comes around a full circle. Haven't we all had those moments,I somehow think mom knights always had that special touch when it used to come attending her sick little ones. They indeed are superheroes.I can certainly vouch mine definitly was!


Coming back to sickday woes of Fuzzboo planet,everything we gave to Ina came right back either through the top or the bottom. I also realized how hard it is to get the stubborn little one to get to drink those nasty tasting electrolyte solution. We tried the orange flavor,lemon flavor,the popsicles,nada....her stubborn little mouth stayed clamped shut. There's a reason why at times some old parenting values come in hand,we got down and pried her little mouth open and got a syringe to pour it inside. Desperate times call for desperate measures.My mom laughed when I told her this saying now I knew how hard it was for her to get the medicines inside me too as a kid and how it was never easy fighting the dark shadows of the sickness forces. She was mighty pleased that her grand daughter finally got me to realize what a pain I had been. The young Ina clung to me like a creeper to a tree refusing to let go,all I did was sit through with her and soothe her little self changing the smelly diapers (they can make you swoon and go run to grab your smelling salts,certainly not for the weak hearted) not to mention the little sore bottoms which had to be shielded with loads of anti rash creams,hold her as her tired little body snuggled for comfort and slept. My solitary bathroom trips were certainly the giddy moments of freedom I experienced. Laundries continued to pile up like a mountain as more sweatshirts and onesies adorned in the bodily fluid embellishments joined the heap.

Honestly I have no recollection of how the day looked outside the home in other little planets of yours(will make a visit over to all your planets soon)or when the weekend came and sashyed its brilliant sunshine around and left a soggy looking weekday or who beat whom at the World cup Cricket match on Sunday(I blame it all on the Sith Lord's dark plans) . All I know is how my little one braved it all and today after a tiring weekend she managed to eat well and smiled as brightly as she did before the bug struck her. Somehow that made me it all worthwhile,I guess those are the moments which make you feel good about being a parent Jedi and that you did what perhaps needed to be done in the right way. As for the dirty little bug menace he certainly won't last long as he is now on his last legs. Right now though I'm off to give much needed TLC to the little sick one. But I cannot rule out that the thought of relaxing in this nice massaging chair all stretched out limp with a nice cool Margarita definitly seems sooooo much appealing at this moment!All seems to be well again in Fuzboo planet.
Though the Hubby-Gon Jinn was slightly injured in the dark forces attack and is currently recovering himself from the diarrhoeal side effects it's another day of victory for the forces of the light!Wohoo!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

That is quite possibly the geekiest diarrhea story I've ever read.

And I for one am thankful it is not out on High-def widescreen.

Itchingtowrite said...

poor Ina. hope she is fine now. very well written though!! like a thriller!!

Noodlehead said...

Nice that you've covered all the trauma in humor :) Hope Ina is much better now! Btw, I'm a HUGE star wars fan so reading this post was that much more fun :)) A month and a half more to go before my lil one arrives!

rayshma said...

i wonder how it is that it's usually d dads who also get affected by these bugs? does mummyhood make moms immune to all?
sending ina some TX sunshine to stay warm & healthy...:)

By Deepa and Supriya said...

Oh god Fuzzy..i hope ina is alright now.... am surprised you still managed to keep your spirits to pen this post ..hugs to Ina :)

Dan said...

What a great mom you are! I'm sending you big hugs. You are a superhero for sure.

I'm sure the little one loves your TLC! That's probably the best medicine of all.

Anonymous said...

Poor little Ina. It's scary when you can't make medicine stay inside them, isn't it? Good thing it's over. The Force is strong with you, Fuzzy.

The Future Was Yesterday said...

There are a few parts of my children's lives, I don't miss. This would definitely be one of them!!!

Btw....that's the joy of being a Grand Parent. "Houston, I think we have a problem" and gingerly hand them back while you try not to laugh!:)

fursat said...

The post reminded me of my own story. No, I don't have a diarrhea story to share but a Mom story.

I used to have migraines as a kid and when the headache would start it would be awful. No medicines would work and my Mom would keep massaging my head the whole night. I remember sometime during the middle of the night, Dad will tell her to take a nap while he would massage my head but as soon as there will be a exchange of hand on my forehead, I will know that its Dad and start crying for Mom and she eventually will come and tell Dad to goto sleep.

It was I think the softness of her hands that would take away my pains and give me relief that no medicine could.

Thank You for reminding me my story and sharing with you.

No matter how young your lovely Ina is (God Bless Her) but she would never forget your hugs and love during these days. I am only saying as a son who never forgot his Mom's soft hands during those painful nights...

Get Well Soon Ina!! (There are better ways to bug Mom...lol)

Sunita said...

Hey, hope both mom & child are in good health now :). quite an imagination you got here

robkroese said...

Sounds like all of your midi-chlorian levels are a bit low.

Found you through Dorky Dad. :)

Anonymous said...

Hope little Ina is feeling better. I have a two year old and can relate very well to your story,which BTW is very well written.
Found you through Sai-speaks. I hope you don't mind if I add you to my favourites.

Baron Ectar said...

I hope she is feeling better grrrr I hate it when kids are sick - when mine are I wish I could be and then at the same time I chase that sickness right on out the door grrrr!

Fuzzylogic said...

Dorky dad- Well,I do have a reputation to keep as a geek don't I?I always try not to let people down:)

ITW-Thanks:)You know,I really thought about you as I wrote this.You had to deal with this not with just one kid but twins.I now realize that must have been soo hard.Thanks for the concern,Ina is doing much better now,not totally back to normal but she is on her way to recovery.

Noodlehead-I knew Star wars fans would surely appreciate this more:)I'm a HUGE star wars fan too.And Wow one and a half month to go!you are almost there.Must be pretty excited now about the whole thing. Relax and enjoy the last leg of the race.Thanks for asking about Ina,she is doing better now.

Raysh-Thanks for the wishes. And yes I think moms get this strong immunity to fight against bugs during delivery or probably they just get reprogrammed by that parental brain syndrome:)Sometimes I feel men in general atleast in majority are pretty weak,even my brother used to fall ill more often than me inspite of all his physical strength claims.

Orchi-Thanks for the hugs,will surely pass them on,she can use them:)thankfully she is much better today and that has given me sometime for myself too.

Dan-Thanks Dan for such sweet words.I'm no superhero compared to many moms including my own out there.TLC is surely the best medicine!

Anne- Thanks for the kind words Anne.It was indeed scary when she kept puking out even the medicines.Thankfully that lasted only the initial days now she is retaining things much better. I just hope things get back to normal soon.

TFWY-LOL,oh these were the exact words even my mom used:)Grandparents rule,they get to have all the fun and laughte and hand over all the rest to the parents:)I'm sure that your grandkids just adore you!

Ricky-That was such a sweet story to share. I know I too always preferred my mom whenever I fell ill,there's something about them that dads can never substitute. Migraines can be really bad,one of my friend used to get them too.Do you still get them? Now that your mom is far too you ought to miss her a lot!
LOL about that footnote to Ina,she surely an bug me in all other ways than this one,even I will take them anyday for this one:)

Sunita-Thanks for the thoughts Sunita.She is doing better today.Hope she will fit as a fiddle soon,its hard seeing the child sick.

Diesel- Ah,there you go another fellow Star wars fan!Yes you are so right,midi chlorian levels are certainly low right now my friend,I wish I will be able t recharge them soon:)Thanks for coming by,will drop over at your blog soon.

Nainaashley-Thanks for coming by!You can surely add me to the favorites it'll be my pleasure:)I will drop by your blog soon!hope to see you around often.

Baron-See I knew I should have taken tips from you as to how to scare that illness away even before they touch the kid!I ought to sharpen my growls too,perhaps it wasn;t strong enough:( But now that I know for sure that they work will growl a lot louder next time!I'm soo glad you are back:)

Something to Say said...

well. what do you know...sonny is down with the runs too .... will take up your tag soon....I hope Ina is feeling well now...and u are still safe from the bug

Fuzzylogic said...

STS-Oh ,no!too bad sonny is down with runs too:(that surely will take the wind off the sails from your otherwise lovely vacation.Hope however he is feeling better now.Ina is feeling a little better thanks. Touchwood,I'm still safe:)