To the women in my world
She always seemed to catch even the tiniest of my lies,she knew all those little secrets that I thought were safe with me,she always
knew how to cheer my mood up with a bowl of my favorite dessert,she knew when to let go and when to hold on,she tolerated my messy room,messy friends and my outbursts as a teenager,she sat up all night whenever I fell sick,she gave me strength,values and freedom to be what I am-Mom,I can't celebrate you enough!
She was the fashion diva of the family,she was the coolest grandmom
in the block,a woman with an eye for detail and a fierce protector of her family,who taught her grand daughter the nuances of makeup and presenting herself and above all being a lady,who was the kind of woman whom you would never catch having a bad hair day or looking bad in a any photographs,whose zest for life is an inspiration,who managed to fight tooth and mail with the neighbor and a teacher who complained about their mischievous grand child,who always regaled us with colorful stories of her life and fairy tales that seemed to too magical to be true,who always put her family above everything else and also a movie fanatic,with a heart full of abundant love and eyes which always fills with tears whenever I leave her at the airport or the door,a grandma par excellence who has taught me the right attitude to have in life-Grams,you rock!I love you a whole lot more than you know.
She was a little brat since the day she was born,always peed on
my school skirt whenever I took her annoying me to no end,followed me around with umpteen questions that drove me mad,would take my hair clips,shoes and dresses and try them on whenever I was not around and pretend to not know their whereabout whenever I enquired,always imitated me and shared her icecreams and cookies so lovingly with me even though I never did,danced to bollywood songs like a pro,would cry buckets at movies like devdas and K3G wherever her favorite hero Shahrukh cried or was in pain,always managed to put her big foot in her mouth and in situations where I had to intervene to weedle her out of it,ever loving,ever giving,a cousin who filled up the emptiness of a sister in my life- S,you know you are much loved,can't wait to see you in India soon
She was the little girl who bravely defended me on the first day at kindergarden when a bigger kid tried to pick on me,she is my childhood buddy,a goofy,absolute nutjob who can never stop giggling,who always managed to see the lightness in the most serious of the situation ,her humor
was contagious,lively,vivacious if fun and laughter could be quantified she came close to a truck load of it,who always managed to ram her bike into all the ditches possible and crashing into unsuspecting people at the market or on the road,who once ran all the way from school to our home after calling a cleaning lady as a witch and the offended lady came chasing behind,shared all our crushes,tears and laughters together,watched movies at the open air theatre sipping on our sodas and throwing popcorn and making fun of every actor to come on the screen,a electronic whiz,bubbly and totally adorable- Anu,you silly old bakri(goat),the mighty kind salutes you for being such a excellent comrade!can't wait to meet you! 
She was the lady who opened up her home and heart to me even though I stole her son from her,always one with sweetest words and a pro at cooking she never for a day made me miss home,she accepted her son's choice and even tolerated me as I made such gross errors learning to speak her langauge,a lady as beautiful as her giving heart- Mom,you are really the best MIL I could have!
She was my college buddy,a mind reader,intelligent ,smart who always
managed to ace the tests with minimal efforts,who loved her sleep and could never do a night out to save her life,who always snored and slipped into deep slumber the moment we hit the text books,a girl who always made Halloween,Holi and diwali such a big hit at the hostel,who was a dare devil and always up for challenges,who would bat in a game of cricket like a champ putting the guys to shame,who loved children and cats,who had managed to draw a beard and moustache and devil's horns on a the college founder's picture kept on the Princi's table completely escaping his watchful eye as we sat in his office listening to him praise us for being bright students,always a friend who would lend a shoulder to cry,shared her pizza and ice creams and all her mom's goodies with me willingly,a friend whose affection knew no bounds- V,I really miss you!
She is my little bundle of joy,my little miss sunshine who fills my life with brightness and fun,a
diva in the making with a little mind of her own,always on the move little busybody,who now follows me around like a little lamb,bangs on the bathroom door crying mama while I scream "give me just 2 minutes",who giggles endlessly as i try to seek her out in a game of hide and seek as she hides under the sofa peeking every now and then as I knowingly continue to search.To whom right now her mama and dada make up her entire universe- Ina,my sweet little girl,you are the daughter I always dreamt about,I can't wait for us to share all those fun mother daugher stuff I'm planning:)I know the years of togetherness will be truly wonderful.
oughts across,Singleton & Skinny the 2 sisters who write so beautifully that it touches the heart every single time,Cruel Virgin whose posts are so well thought out and inspirational,Artnavy whose posts are such a mixed bag with all the right varieties of topics ever interesting,ITW who is an inspirational working mom with twins,Anne whose posts always have a message,Starry who has a way of posting things which give us something to think about,Has to be me,Mad momma,@,Sunita and all the mom bloggers who truly write beautifully.STS who is enjoying her vacation in India,dramadiva,Sai,Iz,Usha-all my women blogger friends here's wishing you all had a wonderful empowering Women's day!It's been amazing knowing you all.




23 comments:
Happy women's day to u! Hugzzzzzzzzzz! Enjoyed reading this post dedicated to all the women! :) Well done!! And yup thanx fr the mention, sweety!
whoa! me first!!! :DDD
Aw, such love!
Awwwwww.....Love grows! And rocks! And the celebration goes on and on! May the circle be unbroken!
Yo had to do this,didn't you?making me go all nostalgic once again!I miss you too.
Very touching post. Loved it. :)
Thanks for the dedication Fuzzy! and same to you (happy women's day). Now, if only I could like any of those women in your last picture......!!
oops, i meant look like
this was SO sweet! thx fuzzy... and hope u had a gr8 women's day, too!
really enjoyed reading this one... as always! :)
That was a beautiful dedication and write up about the women in your life. I loved it. happy womens day to you fuzzy.Have a great weekend.
This is a great tribute to woman
Thanks for the mention, Fuzzy! A beautiful post as always :) hope you got won brownie pts for MIL for this!
women rule!
What a beautiful post, Fuzzy, and thank you for thinking about me. :)
Has to be me-You are welcome!it's a pleasure knowing you and hope you had a wonderful W day:)
Orhan-Thanks and isn't love sweet?:)
Singleton-Amen my friend!
V-I can't wait to see you!When are you planning that trip you have been telling me for past 2 months?Get your ass up here soon!
Sanjay-Thanks and hope you made A's W day special:)
Orchid-LOL,Yes I know,but I'm sure we all would make a pretty picture too:)Hope you had a great W day!Enjoy the break and show us those lovely shoes you are planning to buy this weekend:)
Rayshma-LOL,my W day was too hectic to mention but it was good.What did you do for W day?anything special?:)
Starry-Thanks,hope you have a great weekend too!
Dawn-Thanks for dropping by,hope to see you around!
@-LOL,I hope so too:)not sure that I would win those brownie points that easily:)Oh yeah women do rock:)
Anne-You are a treasure around here in the blog world!how could I have left you out:)Hope you had a wonderful W day!
happy special day fuzz...lots of love to all those sweet ladies of urs!
Wow! Beautiful, magical, thoughtful post! You do have amazing women in your world! I didn't even know there was a woman's day (other than the magazine) I have to say 'women rock'... I really do beleive that.
that was a great idea.. and a very kind one!!!
thanks a lot.. and i hope you had a great day too.....
i love being a woman despite the PMS or anything else.! love every minute of it.....
**girl power**
That was a brilliant idea. Many thanks and hope you had a great day
That is so sweet of you and you included me too - Thank you!
Happy women's day to all of us every day!
You picked the umpteeen nuances perfectly; I guess they 'too' celebrate the daughter/grand-daughter/cousin/buddy/mom they have! Cheers :)
plush-Thanks buddy,hope you enjoyed the day too!
Skinny-Women do rock don't they?:)
I wouldn't have known this day too if not for one of my friend who is quite good with such dates.I think it's anyway a nice time to celebrate women who definitly ought to be celebrated!
MM-Thanks,and you are welcome:)I hope you get to celebrate your little beanie daughter soon too:)
Dramadiv@-with or without PMS,definitly yes to girl power:)
Sunita,Usha-You girls rock,thanks!
Rebus-Wow such a nice thing to say!thanks so much!
Post a Comment