Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Tagged to tout my own horn

Got tagged by Skinny to reveal five little known facts about myself. Hmm...this should be easy,afterall its just 5 and all I have to do is talk about myself which I usually and probably love to do,why else would I have gotten myself a blog (Duh). Got to work with it with my caffeine addled brain,I'm indebted to caffeine which has saved me from the past few days of handling a sick child and a sea of diapers.

So without further ado here it is:

1.I used to eat chalk when I was in my kindergarden. It didn't help that my aunt was a teacher and brought home lots of those white stuff and I would sneak up and steal them and eat them. I ate a whole box of them once(Not all at once,but in frame of a month).Yep,it lasted for few months before my mom caught me red handed and took me to the doc,they gave me some weird tasting syrup and asked them to hide all the chalks both at home and school ,threatened me with more needles if I continued.It perhaps worked,as after that I never got addicted to chalk again.

2. I once made up my mind to own a dog and since my mom refused to lend us money to get one for us, I and my brother sold our share of firecrackers to the neighborhood kid's on Diwali eve ,my brother did an awesome job in marketing them as the best and lied having gotten them directly from the factory and selling them at a higher price than the original one. Much to my mom's annoyance we did manage to get the puppy home and also ended up enjoying the fire crackers after dad secretly bought us some more. I totally missed my call of being in ad world or marketing(atleast it gives me comfort thinking that way,so indulge me)

3. I have dabbled with many musical instruments,I play Guitar pretty well,have learnt to play mandolin,keyboard and Sitar and even performed in concerts. Yes,I surprise myself. Now I have a burning desire to learn Piano. I have learnt Indian Classical dance and enjoy dancing on the whole. Even tried my talent at singing (I had big hopes of having my own band someday) but after some years gave it up after I realized I couldn't really put in so much vocal effort and also because my parents were flabbergasted by that idea and feared I would not do well in academics and end up as a pennyless musician. Music however continues to be a big part of my life.

4. I hate "Rollercoasters",I'm scared stiff to get on them. If I do get on them by force by friends or my cousins I would surely be the one who would be closing their eyes tightly and screaming away her lungs,praying for dear life till the ride stops. If you want to piss me off all you have to do is suggest going to the theme parks and adventure thrill rides. Inspite of it I still have a secret wish someday to try the bungee jumping and sky diving,I don't mind the heights it's just the twisting,rolling and rotating things which I hate.

5. I can never recognize faces of people I meet after a long time. It gets embarassing at times!It has happened so many times that people have come to me saying they remember me from school and they are my old classmates or have met me at some fuction or some party before and frankly I couldn't place them at all anywhere unless they had some weirdness that stood out in my memory. I also have a large blindspot when I drive,so many times I would have driven past people whom I know( even on a two wheeler or a bike)relatives and friends who enthusiastically would be jumping up and down and waving a hi or mouthing loud sounds of recognition but I would never have seen them at all. I have received rap for this sooo many times when they have come up to me later and told me how I walked past them as if they were invisible.

Ok,I guess we have reached the end of the list. This much should do at this time:) I have plenty more but will shut my mouth up for now. I now have to tag 5 people to do the same. I hate tagging people because you never know whether they will hate you for doing it but still since I think this will be fun to do I tag

and anyone else who has not already done this!take it up and give your take on it.

20 comments:

Dino Sevia said...

Hey Fuzzy,
I have no idea what tagging really is, but I must say m honoured. :-> Is it like putting a rope across someones ankles and taggin them around? Or like something around their neck?

Am I even getting close?

Fuzzylogic said...

Le taureau-I have no idea what it exactly means,I guess it's more like passing the buck:)Now, now why would I want to rope in people and drag them either by their ankle or neck to do things..hmm..on second thoughts maybe you are right,some people might view it that way being slapped upon some work they hate doing :)I hope you are in the former category of not really hating it that much!

Itchingtowrite said...

hey guilty on no 5. i too hav a memory problem when it comes to recognizing people. once i sat thru a whole lunch session with 3 other chinese not knowing who one of them was. when she got back to her office and her own room i realised who she was as i had met her in that room a day ago

Dino Sevia said...

Not at all Fuzzy. This actually seems like fun. I finally get to make 5 ppl feel really good about themselves by tellin m 5 very hideously ridiculous things about me.

I'll spread joy and new hope.

di.di said...

>>I hate "Rollercoasters",I'm scared shit to get on them
--> same here...

>>I can never recognize faces of people I meet after a long time.
--> i can remember the faces but not the names...

Rebus said...

Wow, I must say a candid recall; a whole box of chalk, it would have created a mountain of calcium deposists :)
Tried violin, you would learn faster.
@5: I am sore on names rather than faces I wont forget it, even those from my school easily.

Has to be me said...

Neat tag! Whoa...Ms Instrumentalist! :) Im impressed!
Me too doesnt like roller coasters!
Hope the diaper vs diarrhoea war is over! :)

By Deepa and Supriya said...

O.k....so you used to be anemic, ended up in the wrong profession, can entertain with your musical abilities but not much of a company especially to a theme park and would definitely not remember my face a few years down the road.... and now you want me to spill the beans on my dirty secrets alright fuzzy!...:) well done actually...let's see, i think you most about me, but I will try..give me a couple of days, my laptop's given up on me!

rayshma said...

u play instruments? wow! i've always liked that in people.. but oddly enuf, never attempted it myself!
and well, am guilty on count 4 & 5 as well! don't worry, fuzzy, u aint alone! :)

plush said...

hehe....chalk eating-roller coaster fearing-musical genius with a bad memory....wow...nice fuzz...oh n the ad world could do with more fuzzys...i say go for it girl!

Enemy of the Republic said...

God, I hate roller coasters or any rides besides the Ferris Wheel.

Anonymous said...

Lol, Thanks FuzzY!
I had no idea that you were so multi-talented with the musical instruments. Not many people can claim to knowing how to playing the Sitar...how cool! I love the extremes that you and your brother went thru to get your dog...a venture well-served!
Thanks Again! great post!

Unknown said...

You ate chalk? I think it probably just gave you a good amount of calcium.

And I play a little guitar and I've always wanted to play the mandolin. The sitar? Not so much.

Baron Ectar said...

LOL I can see your teachers getting a call from your mom - ah please do not leave your chalk in plain sight!

Anusha said...

you are one talented woman, Fuzzy! dance, sitar, guitar - what else you got up your sleeve?? ;)

fursat said...

This is an interesting tag. Thank You for tagging me. I will do it but I have at least one tag before this but will do it after that for sure :)

I liked the entrepreneurial nature of you and your brother. You also got some incentive from your Dad for that it seems ;)

Good to know your love for instruments esp. classical :)

I hope you can remember blogs if not the faces in online world :P

Fuzzylogic said...

Le taureau- LOL,I sure will look forward to you doing this tag,I know that would one hell of a post:)

ITW-It's always nice to have company,thank god I'm not all alone:)

Div@-Good to see another "rollercoaster" fearing person:)

Rebus-Yes I know it was pretty scary for my parents when they discovered me and my chalk obsession:)and yep,violin could be a wonderful instrument too,never tried it maybe someday.Did you learn it?

H2BM-The diaper versus diarrhoea war seem to be on the verge of signing a peace treaty so hopefully it will be back to normal soon:)thanks for the sweet words,I tend to pick up learning instruments pretty quick that's the only thing I do learn fast actually though in learning anything else I am utterly slow.How is your moving coming along?

Orchid- Can't wait to read yours,I'm sure you will have something interesting to say:)I hope your laptop's back in functional mode now or is still also in mourning over the loss of the cricket match?:)

Raysh-I knew I could count on you to understand:)I didn't tag you cause you had already done a similar post.

Plush-LOL,too bad plush,right now though there is no going back for me and actually I love what I do right now so probably I will stick with it.I will try to be creative with people:)

EOTR-Wow,I somehow felt you would be a person who would love rollercoasters:)Ferris wheel yes to that anytime here too:)

Skinny-Trust you to appreciate our efforts for the dog:)Thanks for the tag Skinny,this was fun!
As for the instruments Sitar was perhaps the toughest to learn but highly rewarding,I used to get blisters over my finger when I began learning and it was painful:)I somehow felt it created magical sounds unlike any other stringe instrument. Great to know you have an ear for sitar music too!Not many here realize how wonderful a instrument it truly is.

Dorky dad- Yes I did get a lifetime worth of calcium right at the beginning itself:)
About learning mandolin it's pretty much similar to what we do with guitar,you should go for it!

Baron- LOL,now when I think about it I can laugh,at that moment however my parents were pretty worried and there was a strict chalk emergency imposed over at home and school,I almost got called as a "chalk monster" by my cousins:)

@-My musical talents are the only things I can flaunt @,rest everything about me is pretty ordinary:)

Ricky- It's not like I forget faces completely,if you happen to have spent a considerable time with me and been a good friend I will remember you even after you meet me 10 yrs from now.But just acquaintances they just escape from the memory in a instant:)
Take your time to do the tag,I just thought it'll interesting to see you spill out your little secrets:)

Anonymous said...

I have a problem remembering names, and sometimes faces but mostly names. I can go on small rollercoasters but not big ones, and especially not rides that spin because I will be sick. :p
The word tag probably comes from a children's game called Tag. It means to touch someone and make it their turn. One child tries to catch the other children, and they run away. If the child who is chasing touches (tags) another child, it is that one's turn to chase all the others. Maybe you know the game by a different name?

Usha said...

My god, you can play so many instruments and dance too! I hope you are in touch with dance still.
I hate roller coasters too and have never been on a giant wheel.
And I cant rememebr faces either.
Do you still have a dog?

Sunita said...

I am scared of roller coasters, but once I manage to get on it, I am on a roll :). I remember people, faces, names, places ... mostly :)....Sometimes, I know, I have seen them ...and a little grey cell scratching will get me the name and detls :)