The Mischievous moments
On the lines of Orchid's "Mischief" tag.... presenting my very own little busybody at work!
Rules of a toddler
If it is on, I must turn it off.
If it is off, I must turn it on.
If it is folded, I must unfold it.
If it is a liquid, it must be shaken, then spilled.
If it a solid, it must be crumbled, chewed or smeared.
If it is pointed, it must be run with at top speed.
If it has leaves, they must be picked.
If it is plugged, it must be unplugged.
If it is not trash, it must be thrown away.
If it is in the trash, it must be removed, inspected, and thrown on the floor.
If it has drawers, they must be rifled.
If it is a pencil, it must write on the refrigerator, monitor, or table.
If it is full, it will be more interesting emptied.
If it is empty, it will be more interesting full.
If it is a pile of dirt, it must be laid upon.
If Mommy is in a hurry and wants to carry me, I must walk alone.
If it is paper, it must be torn.
If it has buttons, they must be pressed.
If the volume is low, it must go high.
If it is toilet paper, it must be unrolled on the floor.
If it is a toothbrush, it must be inserted into my mouth.
If it is a phone, I must talk to it.
If it is a bug, it must be swallowed.
If it is not food, it must be tasted.
If it IS food, it must not be tasted.
If it is dry, it must be made wet with drool, milk, or toilet water.
If it is a carseat, it must be protested with arched back.
If it is Mommy, it must be hugged.I am a toddler!










25 comments:
If it is in the trash, it must be removed, inspected, and thrown on the floor.
At least yours throws it on the floor. The two Barbarians I raised wouldn't eat anything unless it came from the trash!...(:
uffff. same here... every one of them except the tooth brush thingie
good one LOL
Wow; it kept me smiling till the last one; "The Future Was Yesterday" hit the ceiling :D
:))...if the post is fuzzy's...it has to be read!if it is read,it brings the smile on! hugs for your little one...oh n u!
Best in the "got mischief' series yet, I must say! All so true-even tho mine is not yet a year old. One cute toddler there!
LOL!!! so so so true!!!
this reminded me of my bhabhi describing my nieces when they were littler (they're 7 & 5 now)!
u ALWAYS manage to scare me abt kids. and of course, u always manage to make me smile! :)
If it is on, I must turn it off.
If it is off, I must turn it on.
And, of course, what this means is that they end up standing there turning it on, then off, then on, then off, then on, then off ... until I get tired of typing this. ;)
You outdid yourself with this one!...spoken like a PHd in childrearing .....and we are all nodding. Thanks for obliging :)
Aaaah, toddlers. I do have one addendum to the one about food, which is (unless that food is on the floor, then that food must be eaten.)
lovely! and so totally adorable :) your daughter sounds like one fun bundle of trouble :)
so true.kids want to do everything you say no to.your daughter is so cute.just adorable.
look how focussed she is! how old is the cutie?
within a month or two, I would relate to pretty much eveyrthing you said. :-)
My son prefered climbing the bookcases and throwing off all the books instead of reading them. Oh, as a toddler...what did he do?
Lovely post. Very sweet. Great pictures too. It goes without sayin that I was reminded of my niece too. When I last stayed with her for a week, she re-programmed my definition of kids. I actually went 'My god kids are impossible.' And I said it more emphatically than ever.
Anyway, My lovely spring break's comin up. God knows I could use it. I need to catch up with life. :)
Good day to you and my funniest faces to your kid.
If it is Mommy, it must be hugged.
Awww... that makes it all worthwhile. :)
LOL.... i wish i can be a baby rightnow.. with this pms of mine rite not... why? so that i can show my tantrums without feeling guilty afterthat.. :P
your baby is a poppet! so cute :) thanks to this post, i'll know what to expect :)
Oh so sweet and so very true.
very very well said fuzzy!!!
Awww, that's really cute!
She is too cute and so is your poem :)
Ok, this is the cutest post I have read in a long while. I need to send my Didi to this post as she has a daughter your daughter's age and as naughty too :D
She has one rule too...
If there is webcam then it has to be thrown on the floor and see if it bounces :P
TFWS-LOL,oh mine does that too,but luckily not that often:)perhaps she will be following that next step pretty soon!she is right now fascinated in discovering what exactly goes into the trash as I keep them out of her reach as much as possible:)
ITW-I guess these rules apply to all toddlers,the tooth brush thing is however a recent discovery too:)
Rebus-LOL,glad you loved the post as well as the comment!
Plush-Aww,thanks buddy!will surely pass on the hugs:)
SM-Thanks!toddlers are so much fun:)I'm sure your little one will be surprising you with her own antics pretty soon:)
Supergirlest-Thanks for coming by!I guess everyone are nodding their heads in agreement:)
Rayshma-LOL,I really write about these because they are fun to write about,so don't let it scare you.Trust me even though they are bit of hard work they do bring a whole lot of joy.Don't let V think we are scaring you off:)
Dan-LOL,reptition is the key my friend,tired?what's really that?:)
collapse with sheer exhaustion would be more like it!
Orchid-This idea wasn't totally mine,so can't take credit for it completely:)But looks like everyone are in agreement about it:)this was certainly fun,see your brain child created quite a ripple!
Dorky-I trust dads to come up with the right addendums for food,especially dads who are toilet training their toddlers,I guess we can make some more addendums on that situation:)
@-Thanks,she is definitly one big bundle of energy right now,sometimes it's hard to keep pace with her:)I'm sure your little one keeps you on your toes too:)
Starry-Thanks:)
Upsilamba-She just turned 14 months,how old is your little one?I'm sure you will have fun tales to share soon too:)
EOTR-See your toddler was showing already that he had a intellectual mom:)I guess after they are past that stage these small things do tend to slip out of our minds,I'm sure as a toddler he was one bundle of fun too,they all are:)
Letaureau- Enjoy the march break,go out,relax,have fun and blog about it later:)Your funny faces did make her smie just the way your blogs make her mom smile:)
Any plans as to how you want to spend the spring break?
Anne-Yes I guess that does make it all worthwhile:)
Dramadiv@-Ah,the nasty PMS,you take care div@ and yes throw all the tantrums you want at the blog,we are there to listen to you:)
Noodlehead-Thanks:)You can really learn a lot sticking around the mom blogs :)Take care and enjoy your pregnancy,soon it will be all work:)
Sunita-All toddler moms in unison agreement:)aren't we?:)
STS-LOL,thanks:)
IZ-Thanks:)
Orhan-Aww..thanks:)
Ricky-Ah,the webcam destroying toddler:)I think your Didi will certainly relate to all this:)your niece sounds one bundle of fun,maybe you should put up some pic someday at your blog,would love to see her,she is the kid who dared to throw the webcam afterall!
I cant wait to read this blog when she is 18!
Post a Comment