Snow angels for a record
Thousands of people flapped their arms and legs in unison, creating angel imprints, during a world record attempt for the most snow angels, in Bismarck, N.D., Saturday, Feb. 17, 2007.Among the participants were people of every age, right from infants to those in their late 90's. Pauline Jaeger said she bounced back 99 years and enjoyed the event. "It's fun," Jaeger, who turned 99 on Saturday told the AP. "I feel just like a kid." In an attempt to set the record for the most snow angels ever made were parents, children, even snowplow drivers.Marilyn Snyder, curator of education for the State Historical Society of North Dakota, said 8,910 people registered for Saturday's attempt to break the record of 3,784 snow angels set by students at Michigan Technological University in Houghton.Mel Schlittenhardt of Bismarck brought her three children, including her 5-month-old daughter. The infant even made a snow angel by being spun around in her car seat.
I was amazed to see this picture.Does look like thousands of snow angels gathered at one place.Old and young alike gathered to make the event.People having fun making snow angels,something made me smile as I looked at the pic.Growing up we never had snow in my coastal town.But we had plenty of sand,I remember making sand angels everytime we were taken to the beach.It was only after coming to this part of the world I got to make snow angels.Right now though with another snow storm warning on the way here I am being forced to be partial to sand angels.Sun,sand,summer just the words are enough to warm this cold day!I hope the N.Dakotans get their much deserved record for the feat!





15 comments:
No disrespect intended to the fine folks of Bismarck, N.D., but that is probably the most excitement they've seen this century. Winter is not kind in N.D.! Not too many vacationers flock there for the winter season.:)
I was stuck in Sioux Falls, South Dakota last weekend. Not much there winter or summer :-)
Sorry I haven't been around in a while Fuzzy. Good to stop by and see you. This was interesting. I wander what motivates people to come "en masse" for a snow angel record breaker, yet you can't assemble nore than a dozen to hold a one hour vigil for peace.
That's what alarms me. The apathy.
Peace to all.
I can't believe all those people making snow angels.my kids loved to make snow angels when they were little.
Looks amazing!!
Anyone who willingly lies in snow deserves an award. so i hope so too.
i think it is crazy but they seems/sounds like they're having fun...
it's good to know that at least there are group of people who can still be united.
i've never made a snow angel or a sand angel :( but i'd sure like to make one someday!!!
I admire the optimism of these folks living in such harsh conditions! they've convreted make hay while the sun shines to make angel when the snow showers.
hey fuzzy - I believe 10 inches of snow is due for Quebec over this weekend. Are u guys also going to be snowed in? be safe and keep warm...
i think that's a darn fun way to make winters interesting! stay warm, fuzzy!
p.s.: was that one of ur "briefest" posts?
Some people (make that a lot of people) must really love winter and snow..not me! oh well, hope they got their record :)
Oh, now this rocks. Hey, I'm back.
TFWS- I have heard the same thing too about N.D,well perhaps atleast they got their excitement for the season:)
Spadoman- Yes I haven't heard a whole lot of any exciting things about these states either.And you are so right,infact it struck me too as an irony too that when such a mass support could come for an event such as this why is it that there can't be motivation enough to raise the voice against the war.Apathy indeed,and I wonder why?
I'm so glad there are people like you too out there who make sure to get the voices heard.I sure missed you around here Cap'n!By the way ho w is your son in law doing now?I hope things are all good on your end.It's always a pleasure to have you here.
Starry-Yep,doesn't that look something!I think all kids love making these snow angels,I bet you had fun with your little ones too when they were at that stage:)
Sunita-Yes indeed,it captured me the moment I saw the pic:)
Iz-LOL,I agree!atleast right now with a windchill of -15 outside and 10 inches of snow,anyone wanting to even go outside deserves an award:)
Dramadiv@-It does look like they had fun doing it.I think 8,900 people turning up for an event itself would be astounding!
Noodlehead-I guess you will get your chance soon with your little one!thanks for dropping in and take care.
@-You are so right!they are certainly making the best they can with the snow and winter.Winters can be real pain,I for one am praying desperately for spring!
STS-So sweet of you to check on me all the way from India!thanks for that.Thankfully the storm has passed Ontario for now,and the weekend looks ok so far but have heard that would be shortlived as another storm's on the way:(But Quebec has it even bad.I wish I could hibernate and come out when spring arrives:)You enjoy your stay in India and get back with safely with all the vishesh tippanies:)Will look forward to having you back here!
Rayshma-LOL,I guess it was:)but I think I make it up for the briefest post by adding up on comments:)
Thanks for the concern my friend,we are probably going to have another weekend locked inside home I guess:(Send a little sunshine from Texas!
Orchid-I guess when you are stuck with winters for quite a few months people adapt to it and make the best of it.I however have realized perhaps I will always have a love hate relationship with snow and winter,right now its definitly in the hate mode!:)All the best for the weekend buffet:)
Enemy-I am soo glad you are back!Will be at your blog soon.
Wow, just wow! That is a keeper.
Orhan-Isn't that pic something!I felt it was amazing too!
Post a Comment