Some thoughts and smiles(Updated)


"About Canada"
These questions about Canada were posted on an International Tourism Website and obviously the answers came from a fellow Canuck.
Q: I have never seen it warm on TV, so how do the plants grow? (UK)
A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.
Q: Will I be able to see Polar Bears in the street?(USA)
A: Depends how much you've been drinking.
Q: I want to walk from Vancouver to Toronto - can I follow the railroad tracks? (Sweden)
A: Sure, it's only Four thousand miles, take lots of water.
Q: Is it safe to run around in the bushes in Canada? (Sweden)
A: So its true what they say about Swedes.
Q: It is imperative that I find the names and addresses of places to contact for a stuffed Beaver. (Italy)
A: Let's not touch this one.
Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in Canada? Can you send me a list of them in Toronto, Vancouver, Edmonton and Halifax? (UK)
A: What did your last slave die of ?
Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in Canada?(USA)
A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe. Ca-na-da is that big country to your North . . . oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Calgary. Come naked.
Q: Which direction is North in Canada? (USA)
A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.
Q: Can I bring cutlery into Canada? (UK)
A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.
Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? (USA)
A: Aus-tri-a is that quaint little country bordering Ger-man-y, which is....oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday night in Vancouver and in Calgary, straight after the hippo races. Come naked.
Some more:)Q: Do you have perfume in Canada ? (Germany )
A: No, we don’t stink.
A: No, we don’t stink.
Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you sell it in Canada ? (USA )
A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.
A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.
Q: Do you celebrate Thanksgiving in Canada ? (USA )
A: Only at Thanksgiving.
A: Only at Thanksgiving.
Q: Are there supermarkets in Toronto and is milk available all year round? (Germany )
A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of Vegan hunter/gathers. Milk is illegal
A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of Vegan hunter/gathers. Milk is illegal
Q: I have a question about a famous animal in Canada, but I forget its name. It’s a kind of big horse with horns. (USA )
A: It’s called a Moose. They are tall and very violent. They roam the city streets eating the brains of anyone walking close to them. Spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking will scare them off.
A: It’s called a Moose. They are tall and very violent. They roam the city streets eating the brains of anyone walking close to them. Spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking will scare them off.
Q: Will I be able to speak English most places I go? (USA )
A: Yes, but you will have to learn it first.
A: Yes, but you will have to learn it first.
Q. What do you people eat for breakfast?(USA) is water safe to drink there?
A:I hope you like blubber and fish innards for breakfast. And yes water ,the fact is that 99.9% of the water up here is actually frozen, so we survive by either a) drinking beer, or b) melting the walls of our "houses" (a.k.a igloos) to obtain fluids.






12 comments:
With the way things are in this country, I am envious of Canadians. So many Americans want out of here and into there. How can you stand us.
awesoome awesome awesome! As a fellow Canuk I almost fell off my chair laughing. First time I've laughed since india was thrown out of the World Cup :(
this is so funny - you mean someone realy asked these questions?
ha ha....thanks and this definitely answers some of my questions since I am in the process of planning a holiday in Canada this year :)
My favourite TV show is Candian; Trailer Park Boys. I like a girl at work who is Candian. I've always wanted to visit Canada. Australia is the next best thing to being Candian, true story.
The questions are very bizzare.
Q: Will I be able to see Polar Bears in the street?(USA)
A: Depends how much you've been drinking.
That would have to be my favourite.
Funny. But you know, in Japan they do eat a lot of fish innards. They love 'em. Just gotta have them some more innards.
But that was very funny.
ha ha good one. canada one is great
you're a Canadian? why didn't I figure that one out! (Thought you were in US!)
btw, I loved the ads...esp the first one - how far away is that day, I wonder :)
I am moving to Canada - do you all like farmers?! LOL - I love it up there! Thanks needed a grin today!
HaHaHa! Fuzzy That is too funny!
People ask the darndest things...
We are a dumb breed, aren't we? Thank goodness for a sense of humor!
Btw, it took almost two hours for me to get here?!
I love the first Ad. Even though I am into technology and work in that field, there are few things I prefer on "paper", whether its books or letters :)
The rest of the post is funny but I have two from my own experience:
1. I met this guy from US in an online forum and he asked, "Do we need to bring snow-mobile to Canada or do you have some cars too?"
My Answer: Nope, no cars. We only have parking for snowmobiles outside our Igloos.
2. I met this guy from India in an online chess game and he asked, "So, what your ethnicity?". I said, "East Indian" and he said, "Oh Great. I am South Indian"...LOL
I wouldn't be surprised if this questions came from my part of the world - I'm living in the south east asian.
But it's really an eye opener to know that they came from your part of the world.
I bet they would think we're still living on a tree :)
Post a Comment